Joellercoaster

Riser inserts on Icon?

I'm shopping for a container, and I think I've narrowed it down to Wings or Icon. I haven't jumped the latter, but I did wander around the hangar in someone else's and liked the way it felt.

My question is about the Icon, though. I can't find any mention of hard riser inserts, either in the (long) list of standard gear or as an option. Sunrise offer them free on the Wings, and I'm wondering: does the Icon offer some other feature that makes inserts unnecessary/bad, are they so standard they don't even get a mention, or would I have to get them added as an after-market feature by a rigger?

I ask here because the only rigger I know is very far away, I may not be at a DZ for a while, and idle curiosity is a terrible thing.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

They come standard on the Icon and almost every rig on the markey now --- I do believe not to long ago there were pics posted of the Icon risers if you were to search the site you should be able to find it.

I am not sure which forum it was in --- maybe one of the computer savy dudes will find it for you

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

The Icon comes with the nicest hard riser inserts I've seen, ever.

That's one thing that's nice about the Icon. The price you see posted online includes many of the "options" found on other rigs. Aerodyne doesn't make you pay extra for things that should've been there all along.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I also narrowed the choice between the icon and wings when I shopped for my first rig..It was a very difficult choice. They are both very nice rigs. I got myself an icon and haven't regretted it...Which rig you choose....I think you'll be happy with it :)
What size main and reserve are you planning to put in it?

I changed to an Icon earlier this year. It's a really well made rig - and as others have said, the inserts are standard.

I've had 12 rto 15 igs over the years and so have experienced the good along with the bad. My Icon is outstanding.

So I'd wholeheartedly recommend Icon to you.

Blue Skies,

fergs

What size main and reserve are you planning to put in it?

Haven't totally decided yet. My exit weight is a bit under 200, so either a 210 or 190 nine-cell main (have tried a Spectre and liked the opening and handling but the landings, not so much), and the biggest reserve I can comfortably fit in whatever container size I end up with. (Hmm, looking at the I6, which fits both my main choices, that's only a 190 :|)

I'll test jump a Pilot 210 as soon as possible and see how that goes. Budget probably won't stretch to a Sabre2.

From the comments here and those of people I spoke with at the DZ I'm leaning towards the Icon, though I'm very tall so the option of the Wings EXT is still keeping it in the hunt.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

[reply, and the biggest reserve I can comfortably fit in whatever container size I end up with. (Hmm, looking at the I6, which fits both my main choices, that's only a 190 :|)

I have a pilot 168..very nice canopy...I actually want a 150 right now ;). Only you can decide want kind of canopy you want but most people want to downsize pretty soon from a wingload of 1:1 or lower. 20 jumps in 2 years doesn't make you very current though so maybe a bigger canopy is a wise choice....try the 210 and 190 before you decide (only if you can land a 210 properly of course :)
that's only a 190???!!...I demoed a 175 smart from aerodyne and I'm appr. 210lbs. Very slow in flight and toggle-input and very easy to land.