SKYWHUFFO

Will the WFFC ever be back?

it will never be anything like it once was.
To many places have turbines and larger aircraft.
If it does return it will only be "just another boogie"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:D:D:D

I was hearing rumors for a while and then they died out. I think the city of Rantoul would have us back, but as I have said before, I think expectations of having an event that compared to what it use to be is unrealistic. I think even doing it every two years is a good idea.

While I would be happy to help in anyway I could I would not even begin to compare what I have done to the convention. What Don and his volunteers did to put that event on makes mine look like a Cessna Boogie.

I was looking thru Pics and found some of the last WFFC, Damn, WFFC and Richmond both gone. The days of the Real Boogies are a thing of the past.

By the past, it depends on how far back ya wanna go. ;)

The Herd's 'Tube Steak' boogies are a long gone dream, the 'convention' has had it's ups & downs, Freak Brothers to WFFC...it will be back no doubt, in some form or another.

But there's always 'Dollar Daze' to tide us over ! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks for the nostalgia and the pics! Just a note, Don Kirlin, the founder and owner of the WFFC, had a death in his family this last month (his father).
I know that Don will appreciate this thread and the good vibes that go with it. I will make sure that he knows that it is here.
If anyone else has some great pics to share, feel free! I love the pic of Annie and Olivia standing on the ramp. Hard to believe that is an aircraft ramp in front of the FBO, instead of a lake somewhere!
That is me by the golfcart talking to the Airboss. I thinking I was saying something like "do you have any idea when these damn clouds are going to lift? We gotta get these guys up in the air!"
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]