skydveraz

do you eat fast food?

Chipotle isn't bad either in terms of overall healthiness.

There is one just a mile away;
It is the only fast food I've had in several years.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Right now, I'm eating chocolate pancake covered sausages on a stick with a side of shortening.

This is just calling out for an obscene joke to be made, but I think I'll leave it alone. :)

And speaking of jokes, that Supersize Me movie seemed pretty silly to me. He set out to show that eating nothing but McDonald's for 30 days is unhealthy, but all he really showed is that eating excessive calories and not exercising is unhealthy.

I got food poisoning from a McDonald's in 1997. I have almost a Pavlovian response to any of the burger joints just from the smell. I haven't eaten at a McDonald's, Wendys, Hardees or Burger King since then. I will still eat subs and Pizza from other places.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283/super-size-me

I'm trying to do the diet thing..:|

The Super Size Me movie really wasn't scientific at all. The dude was consuming massive amounts of calories. For a counter to that movie: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/about/

There's a dude that ate fast food all month and lost weight. Not saying that movie isn't biased as well, but it makes some interesting points.

But I generally avoid it or if I eat it I stick to the burgers and avoid the fries and cola. Actually, I don't drink cola or sports drinks at all anymore. I eat Subway and Publix subs all the time though. Subway rocks. Low calorie, available everywhere, quick to get, meat and veggies.

There are levels of fast food. On the one end you have McDonald's and Taco Bell; on the other Souplantation. Chipotle isn't bad either in terms of overall healthiness.

I concur. I wouldn't touch McDonald's with a barge pole, but I'll eat a Chipotle burito or a Quizno's sammie a few times a year, when in a bind.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Now in my mid 50's, I rarely eat fast food. However, in the last year, I have cut it out completely.

I also (for the most part) quit eating processed food.

So, in the last 53 weeks, my cholestrol number has gone from 295, down to 141.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I'm not sure I buy these poll results. I'm wondering about all those "never touch the stuff" votes........... :S

Most "fast food" places offer some healthy/ healthier options. But of course, those healthier options like salads tend to cost more than the cheeseburgers and fries.

Most restaurants tend to serve portions that are too large, and loaded with fat and sodium. Just because you are sitting down to eat it and it is being freshly prepared doesn't make it any better for you.

At least you can get detailed nutritional information from the fast food chains.

Anyway, it isn't about where you eat. What you eat and how much you eat are way more important in the long run.

Just because you are sitting down to eat it and it is being freshly prepared doesn't make it any better for you.

On this point, couldn't agree more..

I consider myself very lucky to have grown up in a family where fresh, healthy meals were prepared for us every day.. We always had plenty of fruit & veg and junk food never, never, *never* entered our house. If we wanted a snack, we'd grab carrots or cucumber or an apple or some grapes..

I still prepare a healthy meal for myself every evening even though it would be pretty easy for me to grab take-away.. I just *like* real food. And I like the process of preparing supper.. It makes me appreciate the food so much more when it's ready :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss