Staso

bungee jumping

I'm going to NZ in November for my honeymoon and I was thinking about doing some bungee jumping.
I'm not sure if one gets to choose how to jump, but if that's the case I was thinking about falling backwards
off the platform to make it more exciting. But then I was thinking that doing it regular way will yield some better visuals and maybe some ground rush. So now I'm undecided :)

Does any who did it have an advice for me?

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

I did it a couple of times a few years ago when I went. The first time they made me go off in a poised exit; I had never bungee jumped before. They knew I was an experienced skydiver.

The second time I did what they call a "bullet" where you jump down to get the most ground rush. It was pretty cool.

I didn't ask about backwards, as the ground rush was what I was looking for from a bungee jump.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I did a bungee in Taupo. I told the crew that I was a skydiver and did not want to see the ground. They agreed to let me jump backwards although it's not customary for them to let first timers to do.

Talk to the crew... I'm sure they'll work with ya.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I did 8 Bungee jumps at the Bridge to Nowhere in The Angeles National Forest. 5 of these were from a waist harness and 3 from an ankle harness. My favorites included the elevator drop where you face the bridge with your toes on the platform and jump straight up falling feet first. I also liked diving straight out and then swinging under the bridge. I did jump backwards, but it wasn't as much of a rush....did make for some good footage of my friends on the bridge with my camera helmet though :-)

speaking about ankle vs body harness. i had ACL done in my of my knees couple of years ago. is there a good pull on the knee doing ankle harness jump?

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Not into ground rush... :ph34r:

Oh, and, now that I've done a bungee, I don't care to revisit it. Too much money for little thrill.

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Cool pictures, So tell us... was it good shit or no?

it was a good shit !!! :) but i think being skydiver it kinda ruined if for me. there were some people there that were terrified. my wife who was in the jump pod with me was almost crying just seeing me getting ready :)

i was excited, but i wish i was scared which would highlight my experience. i wish i did one more jump right after to get a better taste of it, but it was pretty expensive.

overall, i'm glad i did and if it were free i'd do it everyday :) also i was surprised how little pull does the bungee exert. i thought it would be noticeable point where it goes from slack to stretch but there was almost none.

this place is in New Zealand and it's second highest in the world. the highest one is in Hong Kong. maybe i will try it if i have a chance :)

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Not into ground rush... :ph34r:

Oh, and, now that I've done a bungee, I don't care to revisit it. Too much money for little thrill.

g

I'm with Gia, i did a jump of the Bridge at Victoria falls, i found it thoroughly uninspiring. The canyon swing was WAY better
Bungee bored me
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?