boozy

Slinks with Tempo?

This post covers it pretty well. I think it comes down to the rigger, many will say it is up to them to decide what is compatible. Others are a little more anal ;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=408291#408291

What would really be a drag is to get a rigger that will not repack a rig that already has them installed.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I was facing the same dilemma. As I understand it, from my rigger and various website info, it's really more of a liability issue. Of course one will work with the other, but PD tested their Slinks with PD canopies. And Aerodyne tested their soft links with Aerodyne canopies; though they also cover their use with Tempo's.

If its just soft links that you want, get them from Aerodyne; if its PD Slinks you want, you may continue to deal with this issue.

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

I as told by my rigger that reserve slinks only work with PD reserves. Does anybody know if this is true? I am trying to use slinks with my Tempo170.

PD's Reserve Slinks are TSO'd and an assembling rigger can assemble compatable TSO'd components. It is up to the rigger to determine compatability. You live here in CO, I'll pack your Tempo with Slinks:ph34r:.

Derek

I can't find any details on Aerodyne's site about their own softlinks. I want to get rid of as much metal as possible from my rig, problem is I just had a repack. Would it be possible to just open the reserve container and replace with slinks without a full repack?

I can't find any details on Aerodyne's site about their own softlinks. I want to get rid of as much metal as possible from my rig, problem is I just had a repack. Would it be possible to just open the reserve container and replace with slinks without a full repack?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not if you value your life.
Incorrectly installed connector links can ruin your skydive.
Just ask TSE!
Hee!
Hee!

I have installed a Aerodyne soft links on a few Smart reserves and Pilot mains. Aerodyne soft links are more like Parachutes de France's links in that they have metal rings instead of the folded tape tabs favored by PD.
The installation process is simple and almost the same as installing PD Slinks, but I still hung up the canopy and asked a second person to do a full continuity check.

If you go back to our website, on the support page, in technical and service bulletins you'll find a letter (title: Aerodyne reserve soft link) allowing the use of Aerodyne soft links on your Tempo.

As Aerodyne soft links are a separate TSO'ed component, you can use them on any manufacturers reserve canopy as long as they are approved by that canopy manufacturer.

For instructions on assembling the links look in the Icon manual (next column over on the support page under manuals) on page 11 or on page 10 in the Aerodyne main manual or page 7/8 of the Smart manual.

Aerodyne Research requires reserve soft links to be tacked and strongly recommends main links are tacked.

Any more questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Jody

[email protected]
Jody

I didn't mean that I was going to try this work, but have a rigger do it for me.

Speaking as a rigger, I cannot imagine ANY rigger doing that. Sorry. I wouldn't even do it for myself, and there are things I would do on my own rig that I wouldn't do on anyone else's.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I as told by my rigger that reserve slinks only work with PD reserves. Does anybody know if this is true? I am trying to use slinks with my Tempo170.

Reserve Slinks are OK for a Precision -M reserve --- not sure if an approval is needed but I got one from Precision in any case.

rm

Here's the link

http://www.aerodyne-int.com/download/reservesoftlinks.pdf

This is what it says:
----------------------------------

AERODYNE RESERVE CANOPY SOFT LINKS
Many customers ask if they can use the Aerodyne soft links in combination with other
reserves, such as the Tempo. The answer is yes.
The Aerodyne reserve soft link, commercial part number C148510000 and technical
part number P1487-01 has been tested and received a TSO C23d approval as a
separate component. Consequently appropriately licensed parachute technicians can
legally assemble the Aerodyne reserve soft link in combination with other TSO-ed
parachute components.
Aerodyne received the TSO approval of the reserve soft link P1487-01 by letter from
the US Federal Aviation Administration on 17 December 2002.
Aerodyne July 2003
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Looking at that link, those soft links don't appear to be any different than slinks, other than the metal ring. I'm not seeing a reason why I couldn't just use slinks. Perhaps somebody from Aerodyne could reply to this idea. I understand that PD makes slinks, but remember my goal here is to minimize/rid the rig of metal.

PD asserts that they can dictate what reserves get attached with their product.

Some riggers go along with it, others don't.

It is not more complicated than that.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am