diverborg

Go! Mirage.

Come on Mirage fans!!!! You're not going to let this thread end with some yahoo saying to go with an Odyssey are you? I am a little biased and can't really respond to that one. Help me out here!

Well, Ward, as a Mirage owner, of course I can't let a Javelin have the last word.;)

GO WINGS! >:(

And when I get my Wings at the end of the season, I'll put up a nice video of my Mirage melting on the BBQ pit as I laugh gleefully.:ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

might I ask, why will you laugh so gleefully? Are you unhappy with your mirage?

Yikes, incoming, duck!

Rule one: NEVER ask a question on a public forum that you do not already now the answer to when you are a manufacture! Think PM!
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

might I ask, why will you laugh so gleefully? Are you unhappy with your mirage?

Not so much the rig (well, if it had been made to the specs I specifically ordered that would have been nice), but the customer service shown myself and one of my friends in the past was more than enough to leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think anything should be kept secret so i don't mind airing it out on here. Can you elaborate on how the rig wasn't made the way you wanted and how you got poor service, maybe there is something I can do to fix it.

Well, since you ask, here's the list.

Rig
----
Legstraps 3" too long, I have to crank like you wouldn't believe to get them to snug up after they hit the leg pads.

The rig was ordered to hold a Sabre 170 extremely tight. I can easily get my Stiletto 190 in it and when I put a demo 150 in it, the only thing keeping it shut was the fact that I shortened the closing loop to 1/16" of an inch and cranked that through the grommets to hold it shut. I could pull on the pin and move the 4 flaps up and down easily. A 170 is not at all tight in it. I jumped the 150 by holding the back of my rig on climb out and doing a hop & pop.[:/]

Not a major gripe, but some embroidery was missed on the rig when it was ordered.

Immediately after getting the rig, I went through 2 replacement pilot chutes before I got a good one.

Customer Service
--------------------
Once the rig was in my hands, I got the impression that I was a bother calling to complain with my issues. Once the money was transferred, I was suddenly 2nd priority. When asked about re-work, I was told my rig would be gone for several weeks. I'd already sold my other rig and couldn't be without. Considering my rig went from order to in my hands in about 14 days, I thought that was excessive.

As for my friend, she got yanked around on some repair work a couple of years back, to the point that calls to Mirage ended with her in tears at one point. The repair came back ugly as sin. A rigger with a sewing machine could have done that work in 5 mins, it was definitely not a pretty repair, which is what should have come from a manufacturer.

Here are two threads, one on her issue and one other from that time period...

Thread 1
Thread 2

Well there is no excuse for poor service but the threads you posted were when an entirely different crew was in charge. Since that time we have made a very concentrated effort to improve our service.

What size rig did you order and how did you come upon that sizing? Did you speak to anyone at the factory?

As for the legpads, you have 90 days from the day of purchase to return the rig to be corrected of errors made by the factory with sizing free of charge. Did you contact us with the problem?

What was messed up on the embroidery?

No one is perfect but we are trying to improve upon our deficiencies and do the best we can to make our customers happy.

We want you to be happy with the product and the service so let me know what we can do to fix the issue.

Exactly, there is no excuse, but when "that crew" was in charge, I had no desire to deal with them after everything myself and a friend had been through. I truly hope you have improved service, as it had nowhere to go but up from where it was before. It was less hassle to keep it as is then to put up with the poor customer service at the time.

My rig is an M4, sized to hold a 170 main and PD-160 reserve. And if you really want to know how bad the sizing on my rig is, it's that loose in the main container with a Tempo 210 and a Cypres in it. I'm ordering a Smart or PD reserve in a couple of months in the 160 range, and I can't wait to see how loose my 190 is after that, although I'll probably have my 170 by then. Which means that my rig, which was built to hold a 170, will have to be disposed of instead of lasting like I thought it would.

I did contact Mirage about it, but the attitude I got, coupled with everything else made it not worth it. I'd rather be angry every time I put the rig on than have had to go through that with them at the time.

The embroidery was nothing major, it was the alien logo on the pin flap. Mine was one of 4 staff rigs ordered. All of them had the embroidery but mine. That should have been an omen right there.[:/]

Honestly, the only way my rig can be fixed is with a complete rebuild, which I doubt is going to happen. There's no way to tweak the sizing of the main container after it's built that I know of. And I don't want it band-aided with a sewn in pad.

My rig really is beautiful, and it's very secure, I just wish it was what I ordered.:(

Sorry I didn't reply last night it was getting late and I had to hit the rack. I will bring up this issue Monday when I get in the office. You paid good money for your rig and we want you to get your hard earned dollars worth. The service has improved greatly and this isn't the end of this issue. Can you give me the serial number on your rig?

Well, wings, mirage, javelin whatever,
personally I like my Vector III, superbly built, and with skyhook, see ya;)

The Vector3 is a really nice rig. I just won't use an RLSL or Skyhoook since I fly video.;)

The Vector3 is a really nice rig. I just won't use an RLSL or Skyhoook since I fly video

I hate RSL's....But I'd jump a Skyhook. Even with a video camera on my head.

Watch some test footage...WOW.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I would be curious to know how long this new crew has been in charge. I have had problems with my rig since i got it a few years ago. Trying to deal with the customer service people at Mirage proved to be a big waste of my time. Even when I tried to pay for changes I couldn't get them done. After leaving my rig in you factory for about a month I finaly had it sent back without the repairs. This was in February 2005.

Sorry I didn't reply last night it was getting late and I had to hit the rack. I will bring up this issue Monday when I get in the office.

It's Tuesday...find anything out?:)

I was also dissappointed in my mirage... I inquired about the size needed.... I had a 170 reserve and 150 main... I ordered what i was told...I also stated that i would be downsizing soon... anyway I got a huge container and complained about it many times to Justin , who replied, and then I PM'ed

another, higher up Mirage person and got no reply..bottom line NO FIX SIZE WAS RIGHT.... I packed a beach towel and my sabre 150 in the container easily and took photos of it... anyway it is really loose now that i have my smaller main.. I will go VECTOR next

Sorry all,
It has been crazy busy but I have been working on all of your issues. John, I have spoken with you, send it in and we'll get it taken care of. Pwert, give me a call here at the office and let's get it taken care of. 386-740-9222. Supergeil, I don't recognize your user name, I don't know which question I answered or what you are sending to your rigger, refresh my memory and let me know if you need anything from me. Kris, any chance you can be without your rig for a bit? I would love to get the rig in here and do the measurements on it as far as pack volumes. Tempo's have a mystery pack volume and vary greatly so that may be a bit of the problem. Other than that if the container varies greatly from what it is supposed to be along the lines of cubic inch main and reserve containers we will take care of it. Let me know. Feel free to call me and let's talk about it. We will get it taken care of. Anyone can give me a ring at anytime, sometimes it takes a bit to get on here or to check emails just due to sheer volume but I always have an ear open. You will all end up happy or I won't sleep.

I recieved my Mirage in Feb 05 and have had no issues. It fits great and came exactly as I ordered. All I had to wait on was my Stilletto.

BTW, hope things are going well, Ward. I jumped with you late last summer when we had to jump start the Cessna. Hope you're enjoying Florida.

"I promise, I will never die."

Even after 3 months (recieving the rig), I still ask Ward for advice, and within a day or so he answers. Mirage doesn't seem to have a limited warranty when it comes to helping out their customers; past and present. I ordered my rig and 4 weeks to the day the FedEx truck arrived; just as promised.
Rig feels like its not even on me at all. Fit/Features/Options I ask for were dead on. Thanks Ward and thank you Mirage. B|