iluvtofly

"Gettin' Down: Planned Record-Breaking Skydive This Year Will Include First Supersonic Free Fall"

In freefall for 5 minutes.:o

I was gonna say thats probobly going to be a pretty boring solo but I imagine the view from that high up will be absolutly amazing.

I honestly can't imagine the word "boring "being used while one falls thru the sky,,,[:/] There is much more out there than falling headdown or turnings tons of points,,,relax and enjoy!!
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Nah a C-17 can’t get high enough.....the U-2 has a published ceiling of 85,000+ and even there they are within a few knots of stall at their max performance. I bet getting out of one would cause all kinds of havoc for the pilot after you leave.

You need the pressure suit and the helium balloon to get to those altitudes. Up there are you are so far into the zone of death just the lack of pressure alone is enough to kill you, let alone the lack of oxygen.

I would still give it a shot but it would be interesting to wear a data pack so we could learn all we can from it. It’s not like they had a lot of reproducible data from Col Kittingers program.

New story about Red Bull Stratos project, Joe Kittinger quoted

This story says the attempt will take place "somewhere in North America".

There are only two places in North America where high-altitude balloon research programs operate: Palestine, TX (NASA goes there), and N. Battleford, Saskatchewan (where M. Fournier has been trying).

Think I'll give the folks at Battleford a jingle and see if they know anything...B|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

In freefall for 5 minutes.:o

I was gonna say thats probobly going to be a pretty boring solo but I imagine the view from that high up will be absolutly amazing.

I honestly can't imagine the word "boring "being used while one falls thru the sky,,,[:/]

Especially on a jump as important and demanding as that one!

Hey Amazon, to answer your talk about the drogue I have been working on this project since May designing and testing the rig and other components. You will only see the drogue if there is a problem the rig I helped design does not require the drogue to open the canopy it is just there incase.
Luke Aikins