crazydiver

LAX is soooo boring

The point of an airport is to get on and off and airplane. Anything other than that is gravy. It was more fun before 9/11, but not by much.

Now, if you wanna have fun . . . there's always the world famous "Live Live Nude Nudes" just a short taxi away, but the airport itself isn't there for your entertainment.

Edited to add!

Scratch "Live Live Nude Nudes"! I was going to link it for you but even that's been torn down. Holy crap!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

People watch. Sit there and watch the world go by.

The security line can be highly entertaining.

Even more so if you realize how ridiculous the "security theatre" is.:S

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>>Scratch "Live Live Nude Nudes"!
Was actually really glad to hear it closed up about a month ago. Every time my Mom visited and I picked her up at LAX I had detour around the block so she wouldn't see it.

That eyesore had been there forever and unfortunately was the very first impression millions of people received of Los Angeles.

Can't say I ain't been in there, though . . . ;)

NickD :)

>>Scratch "Live Live Nude Nudes"!
Was actually really glad to hear it closed up about a month ago. Every time my Mom visited and I picked her up at LAX I had detour around the block so she wouldn't see it.

That eyesore had been there forever and unfortunately was the very first impression millions of people received of Los Angeles.

Can't say I ain't been in there, though . . . ;)

NickD :)

The very 1st impresssion that people get of LAX is the SHITTY dirty arrivals area before imigration, then the passengers are confronted my rude barely literate ignorant Immigration officials, then you go pick up your bags from the dirty dimmly lit baggage claim area...then you're greeting in the outside arrivals area but more dirty gritty settings...

The departure terminal on the other hand is modern and bright and clean.

It's like they WANT you to have a shitty 1st impression of LAX
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's like they WANT you to have a shitty 1st impression of LAX

They have too many people in LA.

When you arrive, they want you to be unhappy and leave as soon as possible.
When you leave, they want you to be as happy as possible.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Look at it this way...(and you will feel much better)

Your Not at the Grayhound terminal!

You can say THAT again! Rode greyhound once for a 1000 mile trip. Never fucking again. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can say THAT again! Rode greyhound once for a 1000 mile trip. Never fucking again. :S

I have traveled GReyhound a few times :)And none of the Greyhound terminals i have been to( and there's been LOADS) were as bad as LAX arrivals
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have traveled GReyhound a few times :)And none of the Greyhound terminals i have been to( and there's been LOADS) were as bad as LAX arrivals

Here's my story. I was leaving college in Rochester, NY for the last time and going home. Took the bus from there to Cleveland, OH. While waiting for the next bus, I saw some douchebag snatch a woman's purse and run out. He was gone before anybody could do anything.

Next bus took me down to Louisville, KY where I went to the bathroom to take a shit. Some black dude in the next stall over peered over the top of the stall wall and offered me a joint. I got the hell outta there fast.

Next stop, Nashville, TN. I was sitting in the waiting lobby and some scraggly drunk came staggering over to me and mumbled some shit to me. No sooner had he started when a security guard grabbed him from behind and threw him outside. It was comical just watching him want to fight, staggering back and forth with his fists up.

I dunno.... maybe you got lucky. Mind you, this was back around 1989 or 1990.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here's my story. I was leaving college in Rochester, NY for the last time and going home. Took the bus from there to Cleveland, OH. While waiting for the next bus, I saw some douchebag snatch a woman's purse and run out. He was gone before anybody could do anything.

Next bus took me down to Louisville, KY where I went to the bathroom to take a shit. Some black dude in the next stall over peered over the top of the stall wall and offered me a joint. I got the hell outta there fast.

Next stop, Nashville, TN. I was sitting in the waiting lobby and some scraggly drunk came staggering over to me and mumbled some shit to me. No sooner had he started when a security guard grabbed him from behind and threw him outside. It was comical just watching him want to fight, staggering back and forth with his fists up.

I dunno.... maybe you got lucky. Mind you, this was back around 1989 or 1990.

Maybe you just attract the wierdos:D:D:D
i travelled in 1999, LA to Miami to Ky to Chicago, to Dakota to Seatle, to Portland to SF, to LA, I had a blast:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dayum, I bought a bis ticket from Springfield Mo, to Flagsatff back in 74, (or was it 73?) anyway, I got off the bus in New Mexico, and hitched the rest of the way....

It was truely awesome
you meet ALL types on Greyhound, newly released prisoners, illegal aliens, families moving state, people going on holiday, people visiting freinds and rellys. youngens oldens hotties, not so hotties, cool people asshats. Military types, all sorts.
It does help if you are willing to chat to people though:)Also having a NON Yank accent can be a conversation starter..

Yerr not from round ere is ya:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Wow... Could one huge airport be more boring? I'm stuck there right now.

I would have paid a large sum to be stuck at LAX for several hours last year when I was sitting around at the airport in Fayetteville, NC. I sat there all day and didn't see as much as someone from the cleaning staff emptying a trashcan.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

When i was in the army, i was shipping out to Korea. I was space available. I spent THREE DAYS in LAX in my dress greens. (class A uniform, and painful shoes)

"The white zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. no parking. unattended vehicles are subject to immediate tow-away".. still ringing in my ears, 16 YEARS later... :P

When i was in the army, i was shipping out to Korea. I was space available. I spent THREE DAYS in LAX in my dress greens. (class A uniform, and painful shoes)

"The white zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. no parking. unattended vehicles are subject to immediate tow-away".. still ringing in my ears, 16 YEARS later... :P

"The White Zone" sounds like something for the speakers corner.

P.S. ... I'm like Jerry Maguire ... I love black people.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Dayum, I bought a bis ticket from Springfield Mo, to Flagsatff back in 74, (or was it 73?) anyway, I got off the bus in New Mexico, and hitched the rest of the way....

It was truely awesome
you meet ALL types on Greyhound, newly released prisoners, illegal aliens, families moving state, people going on holiday, people visiting freinds and rellys. youngens oldens hotties, not so hotties, cool people asshats. Military types, all sorts.
It does help if you are willing to chat to people though:)Also having a NON Yank accent can be a conversation starter..

Yerr not from round ere is ya:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Well, seeing as Australia was the dumping grounds for out-laws and criminals, and many of the people that live there today are the offspring of those colonists, I guess it felt like home on the bus to you. :D