Jumpmunki

Cost Of Removable Sliders

Now you know that is a"hybrid" RDS system. It was built by Joe and myself in the Icarus Shop!!

Nice - the pillowed middle cutaway system is new. Mine still has the lines in the middle with no nifty black gripper......cool to see the design still getting little tweaks here and there.

Blues
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

DAMN it packs up big!

LOL yeah. I put my old one on (regular) a while back and couldn't believe the difference in pack volume.

Let me know how you find reeling that sucker in - it took me a while to get used to it, not to mention stowing it all.

Blues!
Ian
ps: Can you delete that last attachment for the sake of mankind please? :ph34r:
Performance Designs Factory Team

They are Enron, Martha Stewart Living, KY Lubricants, and Samual Adams Boston Lager. My container is officially screaming. It's a JAV RSK-1 with a brand new Velo 103 in it, and now the removable slider. The teflon cable does add some pack volume! I had to use a little rigger magic to get it all stowed nicely.:)

I think you had a beer before you said you would......
The loose beer cap was the clue.....

I am still working on a way to loose the cable in the center and leave the cable on the ends without making a loop of the cable (too big)
We still come back to all cable though, but I hate it.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Grant,
Now you know that is a"hybrid" RDS system. It was built by Joe and myself in the Icarus Shop!!
;)
MEL

i absolutly love my slider that joe built... i would rather jump my canopy with it on at terminal than with the old original slider... it makes my velocity open on heading....

but i really like the new design. mine has just the strings in the center, they get all wrapped around each other... no biggie though...

I'm going to have to agree with Ian on this one . I'm not sure how many hundreds of jumps I have at terminal and don't ever have a problem . I don't ever dump right out of the door . Don't care for that sub terminal air .

Joe

I jump my Joe Bennet-built removeable slider on every single jump on my Velo without fear of being spanked. I find the incredible ease of getting it off in one pull (and out of the way) totally worth the extra MINUTE it takes me to re-rig it on the ground. I jump it from full altitude and at terminal velocity on almost every single skydive in my duties as an AFFI and tandem vidiot.

No fucking with slider stowage, no noise at all under canopy, nothing at all blocking my view around me as I descend into the pattern and setup for my turn. Totally worth the small re-rigging hassle in my opinion.

Likewise, if you are going "full" RDS, then it's really the only smart way to go. I tried "partial" RDS (lines attached to rear of non-removeable slider by means of RSL shackle) and had two instances where I could not release the system; not acceptable. It takes me less than five minutes to change from "removeable slider/deployment system still on top" to "full RDS". I keep my Vectran RDS lines folded neatly in my inside mudflap on my Wings W1-2 EXT.

Chuck