banesanura

Grilling Alternatives.

Anyone recommend a device that is an alternative to a grill? I moved to a loft that has these dinky grills, but I wanted to see if I could bring that same taste indoors....

Safely Indoors? withotu a buttload of venting equipment, I don;t know how you could do it safely!

Did you read "men who can do the splits..."

I'm not really good with fish...I get the shits.

Nope sure didnt.....men doing the splits is not my thing;):P

So your new nickname should be Fish-n-Shits?:D:ph34r:
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Thats not really possible with out a bunch of fire trucks showing up. Lets face it. Nothing beats the taste of flesh cooked to perfection over a natural lump hardwood fuel source. Try that indoors and well.... you get to meet a bunch of guys you hadn't counted on meeting and in less than pleasant circumstances

Okay, sorry to respond to the original question . . .:P

"Grilling" indoors can be done a number of ways. With the broiler setting on your oven with the rack at the top, you can do an okay job on a couple of steaks. I prefer a good cast iron skillet on top of the stove for cooking steaks, chops, or whatever you might want to grill, inside. As a plus, you can then make a really good pan gravy while your meat rests. (There's a straight line for you. Have at it.:P)

Some friends have said they like those George Foreman indoor grills for doing burgers, fish and steaks. They say they do a pretty good job.

Sure, none of these methods give you the wood smoke flavor, but you still get the aromatics from the sear on the meat. That's where much of the flavor comes from. :)
Damn, now I'm hungry. Usually I lose my appetite when I open your threads.:P:D