shermanator

lcd power supply

anyone here know how to troubleshoot/repair lcd tv power supplies? I can't find a replacement online for the part, So I guess that means i have to have it repaired, but don't know where to begin. the part is "ADPC24200T2P"
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Here ya go. I had the power supply on my Insignia 32" LCD take a crap a while back and I used these guys to get a new one. When you do your search search by brand of tv and size. Also, you may want to take out the power supply of the TV so you can visually reference it with what is shown in the pic on the website. Good service from these guys as well.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/tvs/internal-parts
Muff #5048

One more thing to look for...

The power supply usually has a power cord connected to a transformer that transforms 120V AC to DC power. Usually that transformer will have an LED on it indicating the device is powered on. Is that light illuminated, or not on at all. Not every transformer uses an LED to indicate power being applied, but many do.

when i plug the tv in, the orange light in front blinks, so i took the tv apart, and inside the casing where the power supply is, was some signsof a component hat burned up *looked like some smoke vapor on the housing . so I'm assuming the power supply. I used my voltmeter on the output voltages, all seemed to be working except i think it was 5v or something, i can't remember, it's been about a week since i played with it.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

when i plug the tv in, the orange light in front blinks, so i took the tv apart, and inside the casing where the power supply is, was some signsof a component hat burned up *looked like some smoke vapor on the housing . so I'm assuming the power supply. I used my voltmeter on the output voltages, all seemed to be working except i think it was 5v or something, i can't remember, it's been about a week since i played with it.

Sounds like the symptoms of a power supply to me. Here is a link to a power supply on that website. It sais not in stock but you could always call them and see when they can get one in for you. Beats the hell out of buying a new tv.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/adpc24200t2p-power-supply-unit.htm
Muff #5048