adventurechick

You know you're a skydiver when....

I lost a lot of family and friends due to my addiction. [:/]

i lost my dad for it, he hates it when i jump and doesnt want anything to do with it, and i also lost all my friends, exept for 1 guy, the guy i've been friends with the longest in my life, im glad i was able to keep the best one :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

I've already seen (and posted on myspace) the "you know you're a skydiver when" list... but let's be unique and make a new list!

Ready, Set, Go!!!!!!! (out in out!) = )

You get introduced at the Bent Prop as "the guy who lives on the 30th floor in NYC - you know, the one whose apartment we could totally BASE."

....You drive a piece of shit truck and live in a crap appartment so you can spend all your money on jumps and gear, instead of mortgage and vehicle payments. And it's OK.

Ditto. Except I drive a dinky little car. Apartment's OK, though.
You know you're a skydiver when you're out in the open and the first thing you do is look at the sky and then for open space. Right after that you start a dirt dive. :$

You know you're a skydiver when whuffos give you a dirty look when you keep talking about two-ways, four-ways and big ways and you have no idea why they're frowning.

Hey L.O., I bet your kids can tell who's flying the canopy just by looking at the colors.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

....You drive a piece of shit truck and live in a crap appartment so you can spend all your money on jumps and gear, instead of mortgage and vehicle payments. And it's OK.

You spend 3 hours ona flight from EWR to PBI with your head pressed to the window thinking, "That's an out, that's an out, that might be an out, that's not an out, that's an out..."

You know you are a skydiver when ... you look at the sky and it seems normal that the first thing that you think of is an airplane with people jumping out of it. (Trust me, some people may think of an airplane but I have found that very few think of people jumping out of it.)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You know to the tenth of a mile how far it is from your driveway to the drop zone's driveway.

:).

I hate you.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

50 from driveway to the Farm, give or take a .2 or so. 54 to Rome. (I miss Rome.) 90 to Thomaston.

Years ago it was approx. 235 from driveway on Long Island to Duanesburg, or about 150 each to the Ranch or Ellington. Did this for many years.

Boy, I love Georgia!

Cheers,
Jon S.

You know to the tenth of a mile how far it is from your driveway to the drop zone's driveway.

I hate you.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

50 from driveway to the Farm, give or take a .2 or so. 54 to Rome. (I miss Rome.) 90 to Thomaston.

Years ago it was approx. 235 from driveway on Long Island to Duanesburg, or about 150 each to the Ranch or Ellington. Did this for many years.

Boy, I love Georgia!

Cheers,
Jon S.

10.84 from Driveway to SD Aggieland

but I jump in Waller which is 64 miles from driveway
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I got another one.

You know you're a skydiver when your desk at work is void of any decorations or personal paraphernalia. All but a scoreboard/counter sort of thing to keep track of the number of your jumps. :D
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

I hate you.

I don't know it in tenths of a mile, but I can get there in EXACTLY 10 minutes, almost to the SECOND! :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...