grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

LOL
So I join the site a day ago and one of the first questions I ask is are there any other canucks on here?

Next thread I read...an NHL Playoff thread...Dead give away lol

For the record I'm a HUGE Flyer fan...ha flyer fan and fan of skydiving, go figure.

As Much as I would like to say it's the flyers in 6 chicago's just too good. We'll win but it should go 7 I'm sure.
"Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on."
Bob Newhart (1929 - )

Around here, we have a little of everything! Quite a few hockey fans. Thanks to Gary Bettman, we have hockey in the south and southwest. The minnesota North Stars kinda' got the ball rolling for the 'big push'. Anyhow, welcome to dizzy.com! Just a little note... I hope, you have a tough skin!? :D

Chuck

If the Hawks lose tonight I think they are done. I was glad to see they came back in the third to score a couple in Game 4 but Philly seems to have the edge right now.

I'm heading out to the cabin for a couple of days so will miss Game 5.

Come on Hawks! Go Hawks Go!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I believe, you're right. This is do or die for the Blackhawks. They need to use their speed and hammer at Philly's net. Oh... and they need to quit making so many mistakes. Just settle-down and play hard for 60-minutes.

Are you going to do a little fishin' while you're gone?

Chuck

Very thick skin lol...I'm a Flyers fan, I have too lol.

It's been a great series so far. Flyers def have the momentum going for them but going home can always boost a teams morale. IF philly gets that first goal I think it's done for the game and series though. We're in their head pretty deep.
"Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on."
Bob Newhart (1929 - )

To quote the great Olivia Newton John "LET'S GET PHYSICAL!!!" lol

I got home from the lake with 5 minutes left...still saw three goals though. Sounds to me like Byfuglien listening to you! The announcers were commenting on his hits.....big guy had 4 points....just the kind of performance needed from him.

Chuck - no fishing today. I have a sailboat and today would have been great but we have too much work to do to get things ready for summer....bought a fixer-upper so was busy all day working.

Sounds like it was a wild game. I'm glad of the outcome but it would have been nice to see more of it.

Go Hawks!!!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I believe, you're right. This is do or die for the Blackhawks. They need to use their speed and hammer at Philly's net. Oh... and they need to quit making so many mistakes. Just settle-down and play hard for 60-minutes.

Just scoring more goals would work (and did).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That sounds like something John Madden would say..

"the key to this game, you see, is that whoever scores more points will win...BOOM!"

That sounds like something John Madden would say..

"the key to this game, you see, is that whoever scores more points will win...BOOM!"

Hard to argue with that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chicago definately stepped-up their game. They were letting Philly bully them in the last two games. Last night, they got after it and used their speed and better passing. The hard hits on Philly didn't hurt any. Also, Quenville kept mixing-up his lines and I think, that threw Philly off. Chicago has to keep their confidence up and their heads in the game.

Chuck

Now, we're going to see if Chicago has enough killer in them to finish off the Flyers at home in Philly. They have to pick up where they left off...and take it to another level if they want to finish them off.

Goaltending not a highlite?Maybe not like in some earlier series but Niemi robbed Richards twice last night...once earlier in the game that I saw on the highlights and once late in the third. The once in the third was real important as it would have reduced the difference to one. It was shortly after that Sharp scored to return the difference to 3. And even then, the Flyers came back with a goal thanks to Keith's broken stick.

The Hawks can't finish the Flyers off soon enough for me...they are like zombies, always coming back from the dead B|

--
Murray

You got that right! Niemi has been doing real good. Maybe, a little more help from his teamates wouldn't hurt. The Blackhawks need to out-speed the Flyers and wear them down. Keep their mind in the game and play hard for 60-minutes. I'm afraid if, the Blackhawks make any mistakes in game 6, theFflyers will have the edge in game 7. Quenville has been to the finals and led the Blues to the Cup... he knows what to do. Kane and Toews need to really, be on their toes and 'centered'. Go Blackhawks!!!

Chuck

It was a tough game to watch thats right lol. Heading home will be good for philly. We need to limit the shots chicago gets. more blocks and tighter D. We'll be good. Start Boucher next game i think. Leighton looked really shaky.

Chicago got us mixed up with the lines i agree but I don't know about out pace us. We're pretty good at the high pace game ourself.

This is going 7.
Bob Newhart (1929 - )

It was a tough game to watch thats right lol. Heading home will be good for philly. We need to limit the shots chicago gets. more blocks and tighter D. We'll be good. Start Boucher next game i think. Leighton looked really shaky.

Chicago got us mixed up with the lines i agree but I don't know about out pace us. We're pretty good at the high pace game ourself.

This is going 7.

Quenville, keeping his lines mixed-up was a good move. Kept Philly on their toes. Laviolette, was trying to slow his guys down a bit in game 4... so they could last. This is really anyone's series to win. Chicago just needs to keep their heads-up and in the game.

Chuck

This is going 7.

I think the lines shift probably energized the Hawks more than it confused the Flyers - it seemed that Byfuglien played with a ton more energy in game 5, played physically instead of maybe trying to be too much like Kane and Toews in their line, and dealt with Pronger nicely!

As a Chicago fan generally, it scares the crap out of me to go to 7 games. Let's just finish this tonight!

OTOH - if it goes 7, Friday will be an epic sports day!! The World Cup and game 7 on the same day! Too bad that we don't have baseball in Chicago this summer.

As a Chicago fan generally, it scares the crap out of me to go to 7 games. Let's just finish this tonight!

Agree totally!

Every year, I hope for an early playoff exit or absence of the Braves, Yankees and Flyers. The Flyers have stayed around way too long! :D
--
Murray