grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Sure! Give the other guys a feeling of 'security' then... lower the boom on 'em!:D

Chuck

I dunno about that Chuck. The Flyers are a much tougher matchup than the Bruins imo. They are a better team than their regular season showed and had to come a long way back to make the playoffs. And, they have all the confidence in the world right now. I hope this was Montreal's bad game and I don't have a problem with Halak getting some rest...lord knows he needs a break from the intensity.

That being said, there's nothing I'd like more than the Habs taking them out but I think they are a tougher team for them to beat than either Pittsburgh or Washington.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Sure! Give the other guys a feeling of 'security' then... lower the boom on 'em!:D

Chuck

I dunno about that Chuck. The Flyers are a much tougher matchup than the Bruins imo. They are a better team than their regular season showed and had to come a long way back to make the playoffs. And, they have all the confidence in the world right now. I hope this was Montreal's bad game and I don't have a problem with Halak getting some rest...lord knows he needs a break from the intensity.

That being said, there's nothing I'd like more than the Habs taking them out but I think they are a tougher team for them to beat than either Pittsburgh or Washington.

I must admit, I share your feelings on this one. I was trying to think positive, on the bright side...
Philly really 'gooned-up', this year. Should Montreal not make it past the 'New Broadstreet Bullies', they gave it a heck of a try and made an impressive run at it. With the new NHL and parity, it's anyone's guess.

Chuck

I'm going to have to agree with you there! the Canadiens don't want Hossa. I do want to see him cry tears big as horse turds when he misses the mark for the third time!:D
Chuck

...and we can start calling it the Hossa Curse :D

Great! He's brought bad luck to three teams who were in strong contention for the Cup.

Chuck

Good grief...just got home to find out the Habs appear to have run into a hot goalie themselvesB| Two shutouts for Leighton. They've gotta win Game 3 or they are done!

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Chuck

Well, I was trying to think positive. Right now, it ain't lookin' good.

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Right now I think the Habs have a better chance of coming back than the Sharks. I think the Sharks are done after losing the first two at home. At least Montreal goes home for Game 3 and the crowd in Montreal will be going wild. I think the Habs have lots of fight left in them but I sure don't have that feeling about San Jose.
--
Murray

Chuck

Chuck

Right now I think the Habs have a better chance of coming back than the Sharks. I think the Sharks are done after losing the first two at home. At least Montreal goes home for Game 3 and the crowd in Montreal will be going wild. I think the Habs have lots of fight left in them but I sure don't have that feeling about San Jose.

I'm sure not going to give-up on them. You never know, Philly just might get cocky, thinking they've got it in the bag. By now, Montreal should have Philly figured-out. They still have 5 more chances and I don't think, they'll squander those opportunities.
All the announcers talk about how loud the Sharks fans are... wait'll they get to Chicago!:D

Chuck

A Finn, Russian, Slovakian and Canadian goalkeeper in the final four. A Swede led the league in regular season scoring. I wonder how much coverage the playoffs are getting around the globe?

And Pierre McGuire and Milbury are horrible.:P

It's amazing, how much air-play the NHL gets in European countries.

Pierre and Milbury need to gather-up Cindy Crosby and get a room!!! Their incessant babbling and love-fest about Crosby during non Penguin games is obscene. I guess, they didn't get the memo... the Penguins are OUT of the play-offs.... sheeesh!!!

Chuck

Are you believing these guys? 3-zip, Montreal! I hate (not really) to say this but... I told ya'! :D I knew, they weren't out of it. One more period will tell the tale.

Chuck

Now it looks like we're going to have a series!
--
Murray

Are you believing these guys? 3-zip, Montreal! I hate (not really) to say this but... I told ya'! :D I knew, they weren't out of it. One more period will tell the tale.

Chuck

Now it looks like we're going to have a series!

There ya' go! The Canadiens looked good tonight. Good speed and defence. Somebody lit a fire under those guys. I love it!

Chuck