wmw999

Soap or body wash?

I'd say yes.
Personally, I think advertising does more harm than good in many, many cases. Yes, it does it mostly to stupid people, but we're all suffering the consequences.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This thread has been interesting.

I do not know anyone who has bars of soap anywhere in their house--least of all me.

I had no idea anyone still used bars of soap.

I do not even remember the last time I have seen a bar of soap.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

Body wash? That's just a great way to spend more $ for less product. My goal is to get clean, not perfume my knee caps (and everything else). A bar of soap does just fine.:P

Bar soap has no scent? I pay about $3 for St. Ives body wash. It last both my hunny and me a month. The cucumber-melon is my favorite. :)
For those who like bar soap, do you share your bar with anyone else? How do you store it in-between uses? Shower/tub bathrooms are warm and moist a lot of the time.

Body wash? That's just a great way to spend more $ for less product. My goal is to get clean, not perfume my knee caps (and everything else). A bar of soap does just fine.:P

But I've never really been into scents beyond deodorant. I can't remember the last time I put on cologne. I have one coworker who goes overboard with the stuff, divorced guy looking to score where ever he goes. It's pretty gaggy sometimes, sitting elbow to elbow at the scopes.:S:D

Okay, first, ew! I can't stand a guy who wears a lot of cologne! :S Definitely NOT the way to get action, in my book.

Second, I like to use scented body wash because I like the way it smells in the shower. I haven't had it stay on my skin once dry (unless I use the same scent in a lotion). Besides, bar soap can erode away, depending on where it's kept in the shower.

As for the poofs/loofas -- I prefer shower gloves. They are easier to clean, give me that good scrub, and make the gel foam up better. I use less shower gel (body wash) when I use the gloves.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Second, I like to use scented body wash because I like the way it smells in the shower. I haven't had it stay on my skin once dry (unless I use the same scent in a lotion). Besides, bar soap can erode away, depending on where it's kept in the shower.

I cant smell it on myself, but when I change soaps, people have commented.

Really sad that the last person to comment was a male co-worker, but hey, we aint got no chicks here!B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I do not like heavy scents, either--cannot stand anything floral even if just a hint.

But, now we have moved on to loofah discussion. Trophy seems fine with lathering his to wash his crack so long as the bar does not directly touch his crack and the loofah serves as the middle-man.

Are hands gross to clean with? I wash with my bare fingertips. I wash my hair, my face, my body all with soap and hands. If I washed with a cloth or loofah I would need a new one for each occasion. I start with clean hands, and then move on to face, hair, body--in that order.

For those who like bar soap, so you share your bar with anyone else?

Having grown up with soap, I can see no problem whatsoever with sharing it with anyone at all. My husband and I share soap, and when I go to someone's house I wouldn't hesitate. If someone left some dirt on it, all you have to do is run it under the water for a second.

It's cheaper and definitely less packaging-intensive. Plus I use way more body wash (at hotels or whatever) than soap for an equivalently clean feeling.

Body wash to me seems simply to be a great money-making gig for the soapmakers.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's cheaper and definitely less packaging-intensive. Plus I use way more body wash (at hotels or whatever) than soap for an equivalently clean feeling.

Interesting. I do not use much body wash at all.

I do
I am curious about said "clean feeling".

I have used bar soap at hotels (nice ones) in the past and afterward it definitely feels different than usual; like a "squeaky" clean. It is hard to describe. It does not bother me, but, I prefer my body wash.

I have lovely skin either way.

I am also curious about said packaging. Aren't they all individually wrapped and then bulk-wrapped in plastic? I do not know--have never thought to research such a thing--just curious.

This is so interesting to me. :D:)

I have a poof for the same reason that I have white wine in my fridge. I dont like or use either of them...but the girls do!

Kat Williams had a great bit on this concept...but I can't find it on youtube :(

%100 not safe for work, or for anyone who is still michael jackson sensitive... but funny as hell. The explanation as to why i have the poof and body wash and white wine... fwd. to 1:30 or so.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3573494

Squeaky clean would be it. And I also have lovely skin; even at 55 and after a life's worth of liking outdoors. Comes from careful selection of parents :ph34r:

Body wash comes in bottles; bar soap comes in boxes. Few of these boxes have cello liners. Both can be recycled, but boxes are far less bulky.

JMHO

Wendy P.

I live in a house full of skydivers. The bathroom we use is shared by one other. We have three different kinds of soap. Mine is body wash.....the other girl is a bar of Lever 2000....the boy is a mix of different pieces of bar soap. Yep.....he is a cheapskate! He will literally smoosh the left over little pieces of soap together to form another bar. Totally gross, but when I throw them out he get mad. I'm not cool with sharing bar soap.....

So, we will agree to have our own preference.

But, how dedicated are you to yours?

Do you have bar soap by every sink? What about your dishwasher? Your laundry? Do you plunge and scrub? :ph34r::P

Me, I have super cute dispensers featuring eco-unscented liquids. B|

Liquid soap in kitchen & powder room. Mainly because then we can get cool matchy-looking dispensers, with lotion or dish soap in the other :P

But I'll admit when I lived alone, it was bar soap everywhere, and I just used dish soap for my hands at the kitchen sink :)
Wendy P.

Really sad that the last person to comment was a male co-worker, but hey, we aint got no chicks here!B|

Yep, I can tell when my boyfriend switches soaps (which he recently did and is no where near as yummy smelling as the old soap [:/]), and he can tell when Ive switched soap (which is almost daily lol... )

PS- you know you love when your male coworkers snuggle into your neck. You should appreciate that he's actually taking the time to be sweet and smell you vs just licking that sensitive spot behing your ear and trying to get in your pants.

Yep, I can tell when my boyfriend switches soaps (which he recently did and is no where near as yummy smelling as the old soap [:/]), and he can tell when Ive switched soap (which is almost daily lol... )

PS- you know you love when your male coworkers snuggle into your neck. You should appreciate that he's actually taking the time to be sweet and smell you vs just licking that sensitive spot behing your ear and trying to get in your pants.

Hes my bitch, he knows it...

He even believes his wife is pregnant with HIS kid... freakin rookie!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

then we can get cool matchy-looking dispensers, with lotion or dish soap in the other :P

It is totally dish soap in all our dispensers--just the eco-unscented kind--but, "dish soap" nonetheless. I buy a big thing of it and just refill everything to my heart's content. And by "I just refill", I mean I yell for Bill to do it; the jug is heavy and the holes are small. :):P

I switched to body wash because bar soap leaves residue all over and I had to clean the shower more frequently.

Also, don't buy the axe version of the poofy thing. I gave one a shot because it looked like it would hold up better, but they don't lather well at all.

Dove soap - lather, rub, rinse. I use a loofah to scrub when I feel extra dirty. Always thought of body wash as a bit wasteful and kinda nasty reusing the same cloth as others to clean up with...and mildewy after sitting in the shower for god knows how long :S

I always use liquid soap for hand (Softsoap) and face (Cetaphil) washing.

then we can get cool matchy-looking dispensers, with lotion or dish soap in the other :P

It is totally dish soap in all our dispensers--just the eco-unscented kind--but, "dish soap" nonetheless. I buy a big thing of it and just refill everything to my heart's content. And by "I just refill", I mean I yell for Bill to do it; the jug is heavy and the holes are small. :):P

Whats all this about big jugs and small holes?