scruffy

Predators

The movie kinda sorta lived up to the hype, I guess.

I didn't care for it, but that's neither here nor there.

I just wanted to say whoever that was in my theater that screamed "ARCH!" at the beginning scene with the freefall part, you are my hero.
Peace, love and hoppiness

The movie kinda sorta lived up to the hype, I guess.

I didn't care for it, but that's neither here nor there.

I just wanted to say whoever that was in my theater that screamed "ARCH!" at the beginning scene with the freefall part, you are my hero.

did you like the first 2 predator movies? im just trying to see if i should spend the money or not.

either way thats funny.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I did indeed, and for me despite alluding to the first film pretty regularly it just didn't have the same vibe

Also who knew aliens used the three ring release system.

ahh ok. If you had hatedthe first ones i would have not worried roo much with you not liking this one. Im not rushing to see it but i may if i have a free night with noThing to do. :)
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Like most movies I go see these days, my description is "Stupid, but entertaining". I guess that's good enough.

How did all these various people from all over the globe and all walks of life know how to deploy a parachute after waking up in freefall? It was obvious from the way they were falling that they had no parachute training.

The hero kept banging on some button on his chest, as if that was supposed to deploy the canopy. I kept thinking; "What the heck is he doing?"

Those parachutes were sure strange looking. Big square things, with two triangular points sticking out on opposite sides, and seemed to be single-skin canopies, not ram-airs.

And did you notice how three people ended up landing, unguided, within 20 feet of each other, including someone who "went in" with no chute deployed? What kind of spot was that? If they had been pushed out of a plane one after another, they would have been spread out in a line. If they had been pushed out together in a clump, they wouldn't have had the free space around them in freefall. Something there didn't make sense. Maybe the alien spacecraft that dumped them there was hovering as it pushed them out one at a time.

On a non-skydiving note, I think I was the only guy in the theatre who got the Yakuza joke. The Japanese Yakuza guy (mafia) was the quiet sort. At one point someone asked him why he didn't talk, and he held up his hand, revealing two missing fingers, and said "I talked too much". No one seemed to understand that. You had to know that when you're in the Yakuza and you screw up, they punish you by cutting off a finger. I felt like I was the only one who knew that little fact, as I let out a little laugh, and no one else did.

Entertaining, but stupid. And the tough chick was pretty hot.

Spoiler Warning!

Some of you are probably wondering what I'm talking about, so here's the explanation. The movie opens with people falling out of the sky into a jungle. It turns out these are people kidnapped by aliens, because they are especially tough guys, from around the world. They included the Japanese Yakuza guy with a sword, a Russian Spetznatz soldier with machinegun, a Mexican drug gangster with Uzi's, a mercenary, and so on. They don't remember how they got there, and awoke in freefall with a parachute on their back, and their guns or other weapons attached. They are dropped into the alien hunting preserve on a distant planet, to serve as sport for the alien hunters within. Their mission, if they choose to accept it, is to band together to fight and survive against the aliens who are hunting them for sport.

I think the whole waking up in freefall was a really good idea, just poorly executed in this movie. It would have made more sense if they weren't all so close together and they used real parachutes.

The guy banging on his chest to deploy didn't make sense, but he didn't know what he was doing and was just doing anything to make himself feel better. I didn't get the impression that anything he did actually deployed the parachute. It seemed like it was deployed via AAD. ? any way it was an entertaining movie, not great but not too bad of way to kill a couple of hours.

Where does this movie rank between the first two AVPs? I thought the first AVP was really good, but the second one blew so bad i can't believe they made another.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Spoiler!!

Why couldn't they have been dropped in by different aircrafts with advanced gps? You have to have a certain suspension of disbelief when you watch a movie like this. I tend to just fill in the blanks myself. Like the ridiculous explosion from the single claymore. The friend I was with looked at me like "Wow that was stupid." and I just said to him, "It's ok, those tunnels were filled with methane." Like I said, fill in the blanks and take a B movie for what it is worth.

Where does this movie rank between the first two AVPs? I thought the first AVP was really good, but the second one blew so bad i can't believe they made another.

oh i hope that its better than both of those, i thought they were both horrid. :(

The Alien alien, that's what I call an alien - because it's more, you know, alien.

Anything with that much acid in its veins . . . is gonna be trippy.:)

you really should do stand up.....really :P;)

I'd say as good as the first one, with Schwarzenegger. Definitely better than the other two, with AVP under the ice in Antarctica, and Predators killing people in Los Angeles.

This one reveals that there are actually two types of predators, very similar but different, like dogs and wolves. The ones you've seen before were "dogs". The new "wolf" predators are even bigger and scarier. And the two breeds have been fighting each other for centuries.