BillyVance

Dealing with problem co-workers

I'm just curious, no I don't work, but say you had a co-worker that was being a royal PITA and has been messing with the thermostat, causing all kinds of havoc with the HVAC system, how would you deal with that?

One of our own posters dealt with this situation by removing the thermostat control off the wall. :ph34r:

Now the co-worker is PISSED. And had the audacity to call the engineering department to report the missing control, and got an education on proper usage of said control.

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm just curious, no I don't work, but say you had a co-worker that was being a royal PITA and has been messing with the thermostat, causing all kinds of havoc with the HVAC system, how would you deal with that?

One of our own posters dealt with this situation by removing the thermostat control off the wall. :ph34r:

Now the co-worker is PISSED. And had the audacity to call the engineering department to report the missing control, and got an education on proper usage of said control.

:D:D:D

That's what my coworker did. It worked well for all of us. :)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci~

Leave the thermostat, but just disconnect it.

Rewire the thermostat to work backwards, then blame him for being the guy that always messes with it!

When I've got a co-worker that eggs me on and pisses me off, I give him just enough rope, tie the knot and find the tree... all he has to do is step off the platform!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Leave thermostat, put a clear lockbox over it.

This is what my last job had, being that it was a large company of 2500+ employees and the dept I was in had 60+ employees with shitloads of computer equipment. It was always nice and cool in there.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This was me. Yes, I got so pissed that the girl in front kept walking back every 10-15 minutes because it is to to cold. Every damn time she would make that grunt/sigh sound. OMG it was killing me! I just couldnt take it anymore. So I locked the buttons but before that set it to heat at 80 and then removed to control pad. :) (This is florida and if she is that cold she needs to just step out the damn front doors for a minute.)
She had enough nerve to blame a patient for the missing thermostat.
About 10-20 minutes pass and she walked back and said she called in a work order. The repair guy from the hospital gets here and then explains how the unit works to her and not to touch it again or he would put a lock box on it...:ph34r:

This isn't just a one day thing this has been going on for almost 8 months.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

or...... just punch the co-worker in the fucking face...break the nose for extra points

politely turn the thermostat back and tell em I fucking triple dog dare you to turn the motherfucker again..

problem solved..eat your tuna sammich:)

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Or just talk to the person who's bothering you. (I know, no one gets the shaft there, so what fun is that?)

As Deedy has said, she has tried to reason with this co-worker for months. There's really nothing she can do verbally, it is that bad.

I voted to get a slingshot and aim at the co-worker's head when no one was looking and then as soon as she goes down, hide the evidence. :D

Or just talk to the person who's bothering you. (I know, no one gets the shaft there, so what fun is that?)

The coworker I swear is bipolar.She is either overly happy or very angry. I have brought it to the attention of my mgr. There is no reasoning or discussing anything because she is always right in her mind. She was placed in my office not by her choice but because it was here or she was fired.

She does a fantastic job minus her personality and mood swings.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The coworker I swear is bipolar.She is either overly happy or very angry. I have brought it to the attention of my mgr. There is no reasoning or discussing anything because she is always right in her mind. She was placed in my office not by her choice but because it was here or she was fired.

She does a fantastic job minus her personality and mood swings.

If she is anything like Amy Bishop, tread carefully.... [:/]

ETA: I just remembered that I saw the Amy Bishop documentary on TV last night. She's the college professor that killed 3 and wounded several other colleagues during a staff meeting at UAH in Huntsville, AL. She was pissed that she wasn't getting tenure. They were looking back at her life from the time she was a teen and killed her brother with a shotgun, and later allegedly sent a pipe bomb to a colleague at another college or something. Real anger management issues. :S

As Deedy has said, she has tried to reason with this co-worker for months. There's really nothing she can do verbally, it is that bad.

I voted to get a slingshot and aim at the co-worker's head when no one was looking and then as soon as she goes down, hide the evidence. :D

Set up a Go-Pro to video the coworker complete with soundtrack. That way when the engineering dept has to fix the screwed up a/c unit and the computer guys have blown servers, she can take 100% of the blame. Especially great if you time/date stamp the video, so the company can see how many times a day she adjusts the settings!

Jump more, post less!

Ice for the ammunition, toss the slingshot at the nearest PFY and tell him to hide it or his mom will take it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Ice for the ammunition, toss the slingshot at the nearest PFY and tell him to hide it or his mom will take it.

Brilliant! :D:D:D

just skulldrag her after work in the parking lot deedy:P that ought to warm her up a bit

Or send Banesanura down there to take care of her. Nothing like tying her up and giving her a good anal fisting. :ph34r::D

Yeah, I am a bit creative when it comes to co-worker trouble...

The only thing stopping me from my next idea, is because the damn arms room wont let me sign out a tazer.

I mean, they sent me to school so I can get certified to carry/use it... why not let me keep current?

Imagine this... every time you hit backspace, your chair tazes you... that would be fucking classic!

Yeah, I am a bit creative when it comes to co-worker trouble...

The only thing stopping me from my next idea, is because the damn arms room wont let me sign out a tazer.

I mean, they sent me to school so I can get certified to carry/use it... why not let me keep current?

Imagine this... every time you hit backspace, your chair tazes you... that would be fucking classic!

Or something like the Cliff Clavin electro-shock therapy episode of Cheers... Anybody remember that? Hysterical! Could we wire something like that up? Maybe to the thermostat? :ph34r:

The only reason I would be hesitant to do that, is because some people might call it being electrocuted and try to sue the place... or having a heart condition that getting shocked doesnt help.

Other than that, it would be very easy to make any device thats bigger than a pack of cigarettes shock someone who messes with it. Oddly enough, some people can just hold onto those with little/no reaction... the tazer doesn't have that problem, and you get a good heartrate and adrenaline shot from it!

all of that stuff sounds pleasant and all but i mean, keep it simple you know

smash her head face first into the thermostat leave her laying there unconscious to think about it for a while .. call engineering tell them there's a problem with the thermostat somebody tripped and fell into it or some shit
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell