skyflower_bloom

Halloween Weekend Numbers- do tell

Chop at 30 jumps? Do tell!

I got 2 jumps in today. My second was a big time slammer and hurt my neck to the point of not wanting to jump the rest of the day.... bummer. I think when I was getting the canopy into the bag the slider came off the stops ever so slightly, it is the only thing I can think of, usually it opens great no matter what.

I was also fortunate and aware enough to spot a miss routed chest strap (on another jumper) about 1 minute before exit....... My karma got a little boost today. :)

:):5:0

Love the photos Dave! Those are great!

Just 5 jumps on Sunday. I have been fighting some upper respiratory thing all last week and felt well enough yesterday to haul some tandems. Had 5 great tandem students who were all very well behaved and actually did what they were supposed to. It was a good day!!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:)2:5::D

SDAZ Halloween Carnival was awesome!

Winds got bad on Sat. so I grounded myself after a hard landing on jump number 2.

Sunday was awesome so I jumped my face off considering the late start.B|

Ran into the Skydive PA crew. They were great and I was happy to see them out, but I did not get a chance to jump with them.[:/]

Firsts:
1st 60 min of freefall
1st Jump from DC3
1st Hybrid
1st "way" bigger than 5.

Beer was free on Sunday so I got off easy. :D

I wish every weekend could be so great!

Chop at 30 jumps? Do tell!

I got 2 jumps in today. My second was a big time slammer and hurt my neck to the point of not wanting to jump the rest of the day.... bummer. I think when I was getting the canopy into the bag the slider came off the stops ever so slightly, it is the only thing I can think of, usually it opens great no matter what.

I was also fortunate and aware enough to spot a miss routed chest strap (on another jumper) about 1 minute before exit....... My karma got a little boost today. :)

Well, you asked, but it's a novel... :P Sorry, I don't know how to make a clicky!
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3984521;page=unread#unread

Basically a brake fire and twisted around brake line above the toggle, opening into a hard right hand spin, fixed that, and it's still not controllable, so i lookup again, closer, and see what we believe was a partial line-over on the left. Chopped at 3k, reserve landing was one of my best landings yet, and the landing that earned me my A (I find that utterly hilarious), and the main landed right on the lz too! Threw the D ring though-- oops B| But if that's the worst that happened I am NOT complaining!!

So sorry to hear 'bout about your slammer- yikes!! At least you have some karma in your karma box now! That is a scary thing to see, I bet. Especially so close to door/exit time!!

Sounds like most everyone had some awesome jumps for the holiday weekend- woohoo! (except pinkfairy.. sorry to hear it :| Gotta make it up there soon before it's too cold woman! --ok ok I know it's never "too cold" for a real skydiver, but I'm a wimp)

Congrats on the B, thrillstalker!! BEER!

blue ones,
R
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

:)2:5::D
Firsts:
1st 60 min of freefall
1st Jump from DC3
1st Hybrid
1st "way" bigger than 5.

Beer was free on Sunday so I got off easy. :D

I wish every weekend could be so great!

Is it just me or am i still counting 4 cases of beer owed? Wait that could be 5... is this your first time skimping out on beer?

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

got 4 in on saturday and the halloween boogie at the farm. great time!!!

oh, and i got my b license so thats beer, but it was sunday:(

yeah those laws suck. i didnt even know i was going to get my license this weekend or i would have. it's a pretty good excuse to go back next weekend!;)
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

yeah those laws suck. i didnt even know i was going to get my license this weekend or i would have. it's a pretty good excuse to go back next weekend!;)

Well listen to this- I wasn't sure if I would get mine last weekend or this weekend (edit-- A not B, but same concept), so I bought my case (good microbrew too!) and left it there with sharpie all over stating "save for A license, do not drink this beer!" Now, I guess I have learned my lesson about leaving beer on a dz, and about the level of self-control that comes with that, but sure enough, arrive yesterday to legitimately earn my A license and my case has disappeared. So now, another case for that so I can partake with everyone (they said it didn't count since I didn't drink and hang WITH them), plus beer for the cutaway and liquor for the rigger... lol. Moral of the story- count yourself lucky that you will at least be late and partake, rather than early and miss out, lol.

I still think those laws are ridiculously archaic. Like, wow, it's ok to get wasted, as long as you plan in advance and make your purchases on one of the other six days of the week? Ha. Ridiculous. Sorry to hear you have to put up with that! But, when you get it, enjoy it to the last drop :P Congrats again!

Well listen to this- I wasn't sure if I would get mine last weekend or this weekend (edit-- A not B, but same concept), so I bought my case (good microbrew too!) and left it there with sharpie all over stating "save for A license, do not drink this beer!" Now, I guess I have learned my lesson about leaving beer on a dz, and about the level of self-control that comes with that, but sure enough, arrive yesterday to legitimately earn my A license and my case has disappeared. So now, another case for that so I can partake with everyone (they said it didn't count since I didn't drink and hang WITH them), plus beer for the cutaway and liquor for the rigger... lol. Moral of the story- count yourself lucky that you will at least be late and partake, rather than early and miss out, lol.

I still think those laws are ridiculously archaic. Like, wow, it's ok to get wasted, as long as you plan in advance and make your purchases on one of the other six days of the week? Ha. Ridiculous. Sorry to hear you have to put up with that! But, when you get it, enjoy it to the last drop :P Congrats again!

someone stole from you at the DZ and you're ok with it?
I would not be resupplying the case, (a beer for coaches etc.. but not a case)
I'd also be looking for the thieves.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

someone stole from you at the DZ and you're ok with it?
I would not be resupplying the case, (a beer for coaches etc.. but not a case)
I'd also be looking for the thieves.

Well.. in all honesty I was warned very explicitly that if I left beer at the DZ it would be drank. (Though I also sort of thought he was half joking and that if I wrote its purpose with a sharpie it would be different.. oh well) I did leave it there full well knowing that there was a reasonable chance it would no longer exist when I did get the A the next weekend.

I guess I didn't think of it as stealing, just general skydiver shenanigans and debauchery. Perhaps I am more tolerant than some.. but ya know, I do have a toddler, and cannot often stay out too late and shoot the shit with people, so at least those who don't have kids yet and still have that chance enjoyed it!! :)
And, I don't think they are *really* gonna make me buy another case for that though.. but for my cutaway I owe a case anyways, so it'll be a nice opportunity to combine that one into a nice long dual A license/1st reserve ride debrief sesh and some general shenanigans.

(And actually, if you had seen some of my landings, any coach or instructor who drank any of that case of Spotted Cow more than deserved it for their help in me getting me through to my first license! LOL)

Really though, self control is a virtue too few have- and I shouldn't talk, cause I don't have much of it either.. I don't always get it, I do think people should be able to say, hey, let's save this beer for next weekend, but I have been told I have some unconventional theories on life, I'll deal with it. I try to be a positive person- if people are generally pretty chill, and happen to do something questionable on occasion, I'll bring it up if I feel it needs addressing, but I try not to lose sleep; people just seem to come from so many life paths and perspectives that sometimes people can look at the same situation and see two entirely different happenings.. so maybe I try to lean towards the side that gives the benefit of the doubt? (Yes, that has gotten me burned as well haha, but ya know..) And not to say you're a negative person for asking that either-- I can see that perspective, and yeah quite literally, if you make it really clear that you bought something, and then people take it when specifically asked not to, well yeah, I can see that definition (theft) being applicable. But joking or no, I was indeed warned of the possibility, and like I said, they more than earned it getting me to where I have come in the sport so far! I don't let people walk all over me, but I guess I just figure have enough BS to deal with in life that I don't want to let that drama invade my DZ haven? *shrug* *happy thoughts*

But, yeah, anyways.. I do think it sucks to get your A license and be denied the beer experience due to "Sabbath" ridiculousness (no offense to the religious folk.. but they serve wine in church on Sundays!!! Ah, joyous hypocrisy :P:))

Like ya said though- perfect excuse to make a jaunt out to the liquor store and then over to the dz next weekend (and the weekend after... and the one after that...)

Anyways, I have managed to entirely derail this thread.. I tend to do that sometimes.. but sounds like some general Halloween craziness and good jumps were had by all..

So, numbers- throw 'em out there for us all! :P

Blue ones,
R

Is it just me or am i still counting 4 cases of beer owed? Wait that could be 5... is this your first time skimping out on beer?

When in doubt you owe beer? I'll plead the 5th thank you very much. :P

But wait, if you owe a case for the first time skimping out on your beer dues.. is that the same case, or a second one? And do you actually buy either of them? My brain hurts... lol.

:D:D:D

Agreed. I actually asked last week and someone pm'ed me the answer, that it is this: __:__:__ format, which is how many times you got laid and how many jumps you made, and the third is how many things you owe beer for.. but i think it could also be how many beers you drank.

The problem is that people tend to put a vague (or highly loaded) emoticon for #1 (I'm guilty here too) and then use a beer symbol often as #3!

Or 2 and 3 overlap, since if you describe the jumps, it is self-evident which resulted in beer. And come on, who wants just numbers without at least a li'l bit of a story? :P Am I alone on that? There is a fine line before the mods spank ya though I suppose.. I'll try to focus :)

I do really like catching up on the weekend's jumpage with folks here though, and jumps are, well, fairly key to that lol, but of course, sex and beer are equally relevant to skydiving as we all know, so we must make an effort not to neglect our reporting of these important concepts in future threads. Aye aye captain. Lol. Time for sleep...

:D