Broke

What is your excuse?

Today at work I was doing the EMS standby for the NYC Marathon. I was stationed at mile 17 on the corner of 1st ave and 77th Street. I was in awe of the brave amputees, and paraplegics who had entered the race on their specially made wheelchairs. So many people would have given up instead of "Running" marathons. Then a little while later I saw something even more amazing:
Was it Jared?
Nope
Was it the Chilean miner?
Nope

The sight I saw was this. It was a man who was a double amputee running the marathon. He was really running it on a pair of prostetic limbs. Not rolling in those custom made wheelchairs. It takes a lot to use a wheelchair to "Run" a race, but to have the mental toughness, the fortitude, and the desire to run on two prostetic limbs is just beyond amazing. That is a man who is not letting anything hold him back.

So as I started this thread, what is your excuse for not being where you want to be, or doing what you want to do?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Today at work I was doing the EMS standby for the NYC Marathon. I was stationed at mile 17 on the corner of 1st ave and 77th Street. I was in awe of the brave amputees, and paraplegics who had entered the race on their specially made wheelchairs. So many people would have given up instead of "Running" marathons. Then a little while later I saw something even more amazing:
Was it Jared?
Nope
Was it the Chilean miner?
Nope

The sight I saw was this. It was a man who was a double amputee running the marathon. He was really running it on a pair of prostetic limbs. Not rolling in those custom made wheelchairs. It takes a lot to use a wheelchair to "Run" a race, but to have the mental toughness, the fortitude, and the desire to run on two prostetic limbs is just beyond amazing. That is a man who is not letting anything hold him back.

So as I started this thread, what is your excuse for not being where you want to be, or doing what you want to do?

It's because we aren't friends with the trees like you are.:ph34r::)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Plain and simple, I don't like to be in constant pain. That pain keeps me from doing the activity at the level I know I was at prior to having the injuries. It is a rather large blow to ones ego taking several steps back in skill levels and frustrating.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

what is your excuse for not being where you want to be, or doing what you want to do?

The big drop in the stock market and housing prices three years ago, and the slow recovery since then. :POther than that, I'm happy where I am in my mediocre existence.

But you're right. There are some folks out there that have been tested in the extreme, and overcame every challenge.

Plain and simple, I don't like to be in constant pain. That pain keeps me from doing the activity at the level I know I was at prior to having the injuries. It is a rather large blow to ones ego taking several steps back in skill levels and frustrating.

Sex just isn't the same anymore, huh?[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The voices in my head make me be lazy.
But no seriously those guys and gals are amazing people!
I wish I had 1% of their willpower.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Is running a marathon really "good" for you.?.?.?... I would think being able to run 3 miles everyday would be better than running a marathon every 9 days.... 3-4 hours of pounding on your hips and ankles and joints etc can't feel great the next day.