normiss

The holidays and the ex....

So I have a sister that always insists on inviting my ex-wife for our family get togethers.:S
What part of divorce is she missing???
I fucking hate when she does that.

So I guess I'll be at the DZ on turkey day. Again!
B|

Does she hate you, or is she just a shit stirrer because she needs to watch drama?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So I have a sister that always insists on inviting my ex-wife for our family get togethers.:S

B|

I would be highly pissed. Is she older or younger than you. Either way, I would tell her straight to her face that it isn't happening anymore. What's going to happen when your ex-wife invites her new boyfriend...
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

Is the ex the mother of your kids? Are the kids involved in the family gatherings? If so then I can see that being a nice gesture to prevent your kids from having to take "sides" at the holidays, provided you two can be grownups around each other.

Now, if there's no kids involved, that does seem a little unfair to you ... you're the blood relative.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Too bad you can't divorce the sister...I can't imagine being trapped at an event with my ex like that.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

B|

Sounds like she's doing you a favor.:D
My photos

My Videos

Bingo.

I usually take my kids to family events or meet them there Krisanne, so it's not a matter of dividing them.

This "woman" is no longer a part of my family and has no business at my family events. Period.

So is you sister a shit stirrer, or is there another motive?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Bingo.

I usually take my kids to family events or meet them there Krisanne, so it's not a matter of dividing them.

This "woman" is no longer a part of my family and has no business at my family events. Period.

Fair enough.

I grew up with a different example - my uncle's ex (they split up when their daughters were young adults) was always welcome at extended family gatherings on my uncle's side even after they split up (and she's still welcome although my uncle has passed away). Now I don't know the details of whether she'd be welcome at smaller gatherings, but she was usually around for the big gatherings that involved my uncle, his siblings, and all of their families.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

She's an idiot.
We had this discussion months ago when she asked why I wasn't making it to some family events.
Because my ex-wife is there, whom I divorced for valid reasons.
I don't care to associate with her at all.

It seems that your sister is just missing the point entirely. If you told her what you said you told her, why would she continue to invite her? Is your sister close friends with your ex?
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

does your sister have an ex ? invite him over for a 12 pack.

It's the holidays!

Johnnie Walker Blue AND a bottle of Fourty Creek.

B|

your sister probably likes your ex more than she likes you! :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

If your sister likes your ex that much, she can invite her over for dinner with her family some other night. Since you told me your mom doesn't even want to go now, I'd say your sister is way out of line and selfish.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon