shah269

This was really an innocent search

So I'm trying to find an Yoga studio that is not filled with old ladies such that I can make new friends and get on with my life and what not.
So I was doing a google search for Yoga Studios in Morris county And this is what I found!
http://www.wellnessonthegreen.com/photos.asp Yeah that's right, they offer pole dancing classes.........
Don’t worry the pictures are clean but.....I have a funny feeling that this one won't be filled with old ladies!
But I do have to say I could never do any of what that girl is doing! She has to be very strong to pull that off. And this from a guy who goes to Yoga class twice a week and lifts weights twice a week.
But....I wonder who takes these classes?
I wonder if they think it's fluff only to find out....NOPE!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

You know another frirned suggested that Aerial Yoga.
Looks impressive I have to admit but hate to sound like a square I just want the "normal" stuff?
But I may give it a shot if there is an open class. I bet it's amazing for core strength and balance!

As for the pole dancing....
I grealy enjoy indoor rock climbing and try to indoor rock climb once a week in the winters and have done so for ages and what she is doing on that pole is not easy! I bet most guys could not pull off those moves!
But then again.....would you want any guy to try and pull off any of those moves?:o

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Maybe next year when I travel to ther DZ's in NJ and meet some of you, we can organize a group trip to the yearly Exotica festival!
Oh they had lots of hanging things!

It's all a part of rebuilding as they say.
Sadly all my friend are married or married with kids....so I have to find new friends who are as young as me or younger who are not married and don't have kids so that I can find a new circle of people to get to know so as to start dating again.

And well....why not start the rebuild with a new Yoga studio. Next and more easy will be the rock gym but I think I'll always call Sussex my home DZ. I like the place. If it wasn't for those guys and gals...my summer would have been very difficult. So that I'll keep. :)
But this Yoga studio search....not easy!

That hanging-cloth-from-the-ceiling looked like a great workout. B|
And some of those positions looked very . . . versatile.;)
Hmmmmm . . .:)

Right before I wrecked my MCL, I checked out this place with McBeth. We did the "Monkey Conditioning" class but there was also an aerial conditioning class going on at the same time. Everyone in there looked like current or former dancers - they all had that very lean very fit physique. It looked damn near impossible for mere mortals like me. The monkey conditioning was really fun and one of those that's adaptable based on your level - I started out on the easier levels but could see increasing intensity as I went to the class more. Alas, it'll be a while longer before my knee's ready for that kind of working out.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Monkey Conditioning" / hanging thing
Oh yeah this thread went off the deep end!
Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you feel better soon! Those kind of injuries SUCK!

So you say lean and fit......;) I dated only dancers for while....great bodies....don't look at their toes! :o

I've been doing Yoga for about 4 years now. I starte off at about 220lbs of chubiness and could just touch my toes. I'm 175 and I can now wrap my hands around my feet! I don't "look" strong but I'm always amazed how how strong I am and what I can do.
And thank god for Yoga, my recovery time from my tibfib oopsie was the fastest recovery my doctor had ever seen! And when I was married, and here I'm going to sound cheesey, it was really nice to practice with a partner....before she started night school and could no longer attend. :(

bikramyoga.com to find a studio nearby. my wife became an instructor, and we have a hot yoga room in our home. it is tough yoga, and actually build muscles. the 105F heat prevents injury and allows deeper stretching. this is not a "lets forcus on the white ball of light" type of yoga...its actually a work out.

So I'm trying to find an Yoga studio that is not filled with old ladies such that I can make new friends and get on with my life and what not.
So I was doing a google search for Yoga Studios in Morris county And this is what I found!
http://www.wellnessonthegreen.com/photos.asp Yeah that's right, they offer pole dancing classes.........
Don’t worry the pictures are clean but.....I have a funny feeling that this one won't be filled with old ladies!
But I do have to say I could never do any of what that girl is doing! She has to be very strong to pull that off. And this from a guy who goes to Yoga class twice a week and lifts weights twice a week.
But....I wonder who takes these classes?
I wonder if they think it's fluff only to find out....NOPE!

>:(>:( The chick in the pole dancing pictures is to fat - I can't see her bones[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Several of the dance studios in town here offer pole dancing classes. Also a few of them offer belly dancing as well.

My ex (the belly dancer for yall keeping track) is a Zumba instructor now, looks like it'll kick your ass.

Shes also a belly dance instructor...

Need to call her :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So you say lean and fit......;) I dated only dancers for while....great bodies....don't look at their toes! :o

2 foot surgeries and hundreds of pedicures later... I can still tell I was a dancer back in the day when I look at my feet. Some people say you would have no idea but I can tell. :(
Always be kinder than you feel.

2 foot surgeries and hundreds of pedicures later... I can still tell I was a dancer back in the day when I look at my feet. Some people say you would have no idea but I can tell. :(

I use to feel so bad for the girls that danced. I knew their feet were just beaten to hell.
Key to a dancers heart.....her feet.
If you know how to give a good foot rub let me tell you the love you get back!

But that was when I was back at university and dating was easy.

Now I'm older and work in an office bla bla bla and it's not so.

Yeah I'm good when I go to the bars, but.....I'm not really a bar kind of guy. With friends for one sure. With friends for 20....ah well no thank you.

As for hot yoga, I've tried it. It can be OK but not my thing. I am practicing Hatta (sp?) Yoga which is basicaly strength Yoga. Which I like. And to be honest I really love the the instructor I have but.....being the only guy in the class and the only one under 45.......I have no choice but to move :(

I think that ariel yoga stuff is one of the most awe inspiring and sexy things ever! The strength it must take to do some of those things baffles me. my fat ass would never be able to do something like that
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Man I said the same thing when I sat there in my first Yoga class....you want me to do what!
And now I can do that and other things as well.

Fun fact about Yoga, those deep turning moves where you hold it and balance.....do that for a class and the resulting "movement" is something EPIC!

It's amazing how much damage we do to our system by sitting on our asses all day.

I'm not sure I agree with the first part :P I think I'd kill myself if I tried. jk i know its probably a metter of your body adjusting to it....but id still probably injure myself somehow :)
But I definitely agree with the last part! We aren't meant to sit in front of computer all day....shit HURTS after awhile. Dull aches EVERYWHERE.

Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Man it took about 6 months before my body was able to do what I wanted it to do....and when it did....boy was that a quick ride hom a srpint into the house and I saw the light!
Or what ever it was I had for dinner 6 months ago!
And then the weight fell right off!

im trying to put weight on :)
i was lying about my fat ass, if i don't eat my body weight daily i lose 5lbs sitting on a computer all day :P:P:P

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

The Gentlemans Club?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

But then again.....would you want any guy to try and pull off any of those moves?:o

Actually, I saw a guy on some hosted TV show while waiting for a doctor's appointment. He did those same poses, but all stationary. He could hold himself horizontal on a vertical bar, then do "pull-ups" sideways. He was HOT!!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!