WatchYourStep

Anybody Use a Credit Watch Company for Identity Protection?

If so who?

I've had my identity swiped twice. Neither time did they get much and my bank recouped my expenses. Thinking about signing up to a credit watch agency just in case.

Anyone have suggestions on who they use or which ones to stay away from?

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

If so who?

I've had my identity swiped twice. Neither time did they get much and my bank recouped my expenses. Thinking about signing up to a credit watch agency just in case.

Waste of money...most GOOD credit card companies watch it for you!

've had my identity swiped twice. Neither time did they get much and my bank recouped my expenses. Thinking about signing up to a credit watch agency just in case.

We had our Identity swiped just about 3 weeks ago. It was amazing what our bank (Community First here in Hat-Town) did for us. Before they could even get ahold of us by voice, they shut down our cards, sent us texts, and recouped expenses. IIRC, a bunch of rejected swipes went through Dillards Online store, and that sent them off.

IMHO, I'd be VERY cautious about credit monitoring companies. I've had several friends with 'Free Credit Report.com' get sucked into long contracts for just not shutting down their account fast enough.
=========Shaun ==========

I have one with Capital One.
$5 a month.
Works very well. So much so that I have to tell them when I'm going out of the country or they will kill my cards.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

$5 a month.
Works very well. So much so that I have to tell them when I'm going out of the country or they will kill my cards.

I have a credit card with US Bank and they do that for free. Sometimes even block me if I just have a strange purchase that they've had someone dispute with them in the past. I think they do it to protect their own asses.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

$5 a month.

you still 16 or something? capital one is for those people with zero credit, they have huge APR and small limits..and i guess they charge for that service that should be free.
IHYD

The only one I have is through my prepaid legal tha I have at work. A few bucks a month and if anything happens to my credit they will do all the legwork to fix it for me.

Both of my banks, BoA and HSBC are very proactive about credit and fraud. If I don't call them when I travel to high risk cities they will call and notify me, or hold the accounts. BoA also re-couped the one time I have a cloned card go on a spending spree. No issues. No fees.

I have that with HSBC and don't pay anything for it. They even called once when a charge for pizza for my son's soccer team was put on my account by me. I can understand though, I was in Miami!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon