ryoder

Winter Bike Project (the other kind)

1. I like Thomsons.
2. I need a zero-setback post in order to make a non-custom frame fit my odd proportions.
3. The weight difference is trivial.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Unless youre planning on competing in the tour de france thn yeah i wouldnt worry about tha little weight. Lol. Either way. Bike looks like t will be awsome
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

The last of the parts arrived Friday.
Planning to start lacing up the wheels tonight.

Your avatar is misleading, The Dude would never put that much effort into going anywhere!:P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

And Spandex and Lycra is for manly men?:PB|

If you've ever descended at 45mph while getting hammered by a gusty 30mph+ sidewind, you would understand why we avoid baggy clothing, and want the tightest fit possible.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And Spandex and Lycra is for manly men?:PB|

If you've ever descended at 45mph while getting hammered by a gusty 30mph+ sidewind, you would understand why we avoid baggy clothing, and want the tightest fit possible.:P

Does a 4600 mile round trip on the freeway count?B| Nope, sorry, I can;t figure that one out!

It is always interesting when we go to the races, they hold cross country on Saturday, Spandex everywhere, and riders that will stop and pee anyplace they are at the moment!:o..(never figured that part out)[:/]

The on Sunday, the baggy clothes come out, (many of them the same riders) for Downhill!

Does a 4600 mile round trip on the freeway count?B| Nope, sorry, I can;t figure that one out!

Hint: Side wind affects a 20 pound bike plus rider a hell of a lot more than a 500 pound bike plus rider.
I used to ride a HD.

Well, I thought it was almost obvious he's single.
A wife would never allow mechanical work on the dining room table. (my dad and I used to get yelled at for rebuilding carbs on the dining room table)
500 lbs HAS to be a Sporty - that's lightweight for a Harley.
Dynas come in at mid 600's, baggers are over 800 easy, dressers can top 900.
;)

in re:

Hint: Side wind affects a 20 pound bike plus rider a hell of a lot more than a 500 pound bike plus rider.
[B]I used to ride a HD.[/B]

Pay attention! :P

What frame is that?

That's the saddest part: he got a Calfee, but didn't get a bamboo one!!!!!
;)

Seriously, Calfee was at the El Tour expo (As usual) a couple weeks ago and had some awesome looking bikes on display... Including some featherlite carbons with an amazing finish on them.... They even re-designed the battery pod for the Dura Ace electronic gruppo and fit the improved battery in the seat post.

They also have couplers available on their frames. Somewhat interesting on regular road bikes, but pretty damm interesting on tandems.
Remster

What frame is that?

That's the saddest part: he got a Calfee, but didn't get a bamboo one!!!!!
;)

Seriously, Calfee was at the El Tour expo (As usual) a couple weeks ago and had some awesome looking bikes on display... Including some featherlite carbons with an amazing finish on them.... They even re-designed the battery pod for the Dura Ace electronic gruppo and fit the improved battery in the seat post.

They also have couplers available on their frames. Somewhat interesting on regular road bikes, but pretty damm interesting on tandems.

There was a company making Bambo frames that wanted my son to jump one for photo's in Utah.(they wanted to enter the downhill market) ..he was afraid it would shatter , so turned them down....I wish he had atleast tried it, starting small, then work up!

BUT, he has broke many frames, (5) not many can take what he does!