madhatter

Suicide...

i hate december!

:(

If you always think feel hate for the month of Dec due to the holidays only you can change it to make it better. Find something that you can do to see the beauty of the month and what it really means.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

i hate december!

If you always think feel hate for the month of Dec due to the holidays only you can change it to make it better. Find something that you can do to see the beauty of the month and what it really means.

my birthday and seemingly not a friggin dick to actually care enough!?

yup, that makes me feel better, thank you!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I'm very new to this sport and to this community. And I recently had some not so nice things happen that really put me in a tail spin from which I am still recovering.
That being said, I would have to say if it wasn't for my friends and the environment that exists at the DZ i frequent i would be a real mess.

How can I put it? Once you put the DZ BS aside I cant think of a more open and friendly place to go on a Sunday after a long week not only at work but living in my own mind. Even when it's windy and I can't jump. Just sitting in the sun and talking to friends it's great.

Furthermore, maybe it's just me and where I go but comparing my friends at the DZ to my friends at say work. I prefer my friends at the DZ. There is a greater sense of respect and understanding, less "Oh get over it" mentality.

Maybe I'm just very fortunate and this attitude isn't prevalent in all DZs, but I don't see why it shouldn't be.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

How can I put it? Once you put the DZ BS aside I cant think of a more open and friendly place to go on a Sunday after a long week not only at work but living in my own mind. Even when it's windy and I can't jump. Just sitting in the sun and talking to friends it's great.

Very well put shah, can't tell you how many times I've sat all day at my home DZ soaking in the vibes and re-aligning the planets.

We were having some pretty heavy and overwhelming kid issues a few years back, and just being around people that had something positive goin' on, and didn't want anything from me was refreshing.

Wendy who posts on here, use to come up to me and ask if I was jumping today or just recovering...:ph34r:...she'd take me aside, let me vent, give me a hug and even though everything wasn't all better I knew that 'my world' was a good place and the worm would eventually turn.

DZ friends are the best thing in the world, no matter if you're up OR down!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Very well put shah, can't tell you how many times I've sat all day at my home DZ soaking in the vibes and re-aligning the planets.

We were having some pretty heavy and overwhelming kid issues a few years back, and just being around people that had something positive goin' on, and didn't want anything from me was refreshing.

Wendy who posts on here, use to come up to me and ask if I was jumping today or just recovering...:ph34r:...she'd take me aside, let me vent, give me a hug and even though everything wasn't all better I knew that 'my world' was a good place and the worm would eventually turn.

DZ friends are the best thing in the world, no matter if you're up OR down!

+ 1
Always be kinder than you feel.

I hate to be a Pollyanna, but I've had up days and down days, and even on the worst I knew better times had to be ahead. For clinical depression, I've got no answers except "see a professional."

For situational depression, try to see ahead, and realize there is so much out there waiting for you. I've lost a few friends over the years to suicide. The issues they faced at that time were things they'd laugh about now, if they were here to look back on it. It was such a short-sighted thing to end their lives, and they missed out on so much happiness and joy. I've seen those acts crush the lives of people left behind. We've talked about this very thing to our own kids. I hope it's a help through any rough times they may have in their lives.

Have you ever had a suspicion that a friend was considering suicide? I did once and acted on it, talking to my friend about my concerns. It wasn't a comfortable subject to broach, but my friend called back later to thank me. That person's doing quite well now, BTW.

i will leave now and try to kill some people

You do realize that is a dangerous statement to make on line, and in some states can even get you arrested...REALLY stupid thing to say!>:(

well, i guess in some states they dont play CoD then!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

You do realize that is a dangerous statement to make on line, and in some states can even get you arrested...REALLY stupid thing to say!>:(

:S yeah, try that defence...Just saying...:ph34r:

i hate december!

You've got me fucking worried!

Think happy thoughts!

Nobody likes him though . . .

Twardo and Divot did say he was good on his knees - I don't know what that means though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OMG -

I just saw VB crouching under my window, now he's low-crawling through the flowerbeds - HELP:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

look at my online-stats than, tough, i was on the phone before with a crazy skydiver n'shit..

i'll get right back at gaming!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'll give you a great example why I prefer to spend my Sunday with my friends at DZ rather than with my work or other friends who are my age married with 2.5 kids.
As it's known I have a very good idea as to what I am looking for in terms of partner. And being 34 and working where I work and living where I live with the schedule I have finding what I'm looking for in a partner has proven to be very difficult and very depressing. No one wants to "feel" that the best they could ever find was in the past and there isn't much hope for the future. Match that up with the usual hell of going through a divorce and well a guy can really get down.

Now say I get invited to a my 2.5kids married friends house for lunch on a sunday, 4 hours of "You know Shah you are too picky! Sure you are furthering your education and working hard to stay in shape but really you should lower your standards....." Now who wants to hear that? I already feel as if my self worth is a little less than dog crap and here I get this.

Now my DZ friends, I get the opposite. I will never forget one of the guys in passing and I'm sure he doesn't even remember it once said "You have to find someone who you want to wake up next to for the rest of your life..." Now why would I have lunch with two snot nose kids, a wife and a friend who because his wife stopped wearing jeans and switched to sweat pants 24/7 I must accept the same?

And to think people questioned why I was returning to the sky after I broke my leg? Simple, but those 2.5 kids people just can't see it. Oh well.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Thats what I was thinking when you said it. Are you on x-box live? If you want PM me your gamer tag and Ill cook some fools with you.B|
Muff #5048

get a smaller canopy, loaded around 1.5; i'm now down (or up, whatever way) to around 1.8. life still sucks! :|

You need a support group...not skydivers....Just from what I have read of your post..

MY "Opinion"

You need to get the fuck OFF line,:o get out, talk with "humans" be around "People" have some real interaction....your starting to sound like a total mental meltdown....(just saw another one her eyesterday)[:/]

get a smaller canopy, loaded around 1.5; i'm now down (or up, whatever way) to around 1.8. life still sucks! :|

You need a support group...not skydivers....Just from what I have read of your post..

MY "Opinion"

You need to get the fuck OFF line,:o get out, talk with "humans" be around "People" have some real interaction....your starting to sound like a total mental meltdown....(just saw another one her eyesterday)[:/]

Don't count him out man. VB is good people. He may be going through some shit, and uses dz.com to vent about it, but thats it.
Muff #5048

MY "Opinion"

Don't count him out man. VB is good people. He may be going through some shit, and uses dz.com to vent about it, but thats it.

Which is why I said get help, talk to soemoen in "real" life....Hell, call me, I am free for a hour or so,,,but am much more blunt in real life, (plus I spell better when I talk)

MY "Opinion"

Which is why I said get help, talk to soemoen in "real" life....Hell, call me, I am free for a hour or so,,,but am much more blunt in real life, (plus I spell better when I talk)

My point is, if using dz.com to vent works, then why be judgemental about it? Chances are VB is going through something and is venting. If doing that helps him get a couple hours sleep then its worth it (spoken from experience).
Muff #5048

MY "Opinion"

My point is, if using dz.com to vent works, then why be judgemental about it? Chances are VB is going through something and is venting. If doing that helps him get a couple hours sleep then its worth it (spoken from experience).

suggesting back off chat boards, , get away from the problem, and offering to talk in real life, is "Judgemental???[:/]