airdvr

How much $ is too much for it?

Ummm, How exactly did you find out this guy was seeing a few other girls? Did you walk up to him, shake his hand and ask how many sexual partners he had within the last 6 months?

I'm just asking because I've almost never been asked this and if I were, I'd be glad that I had other options.

He brought it up. Basically, the conversation went something like "I don't want to kiss you yet, because I'm really into you and I think it will get really serious really fast and I don't want to have this other casual stuff that I've had going on mess that up. So, I'm going to be seeing these two girls next week and will make sure that's over with." Might've been some weird ass line of his, but if so it's the most bizarre one I've ever run across.

Also would you rather date a boring unattractive guy who had no other women on the line, or a fun guy that you like who may be dating other people?

Neither. I'd rather be alone and enjoying my life than dealing with either of those choices. And, believe it or not, there are good-looking, interesting men out there who aren't looking to play the field and actually enjoy spending time with just one woman. And if I can't find a man like that at any point in time, I'm happy to be alone until I do.

Look, to each his own. Let players date players. If that's their thing then more power to them. It's just not mine.

>the more a man tries to spend on me early on the less likely he is to
>get it anytime soon.

I've never really thought about it in that way - that 'spending too much' would be a negative thing. First dates for me have ranged to "go across the street to the bar" to "rent a plane and fly to Danbury to have dinner in the fancy restaurant." Has more to do with what I think she'd appreciate.

I think how well you know someone and what you've been discussing matters, too. I had a buddy who's a pilot take me up flying. It wasn't a date, but if it had been it would've been fine because we'd known each other a while and I knew he regularly went flying and he just invited me to tag along.

It's the guy you've just met that lays it on too thick that's the problem. I once had some guy I'd met once and never even gone out with offering to buy me jewelry for a first date instead of flowers. I was already hesitant about going out with him, but that cinched it for me. No way was I going out with him.

I guess the equivalent for a guy would be a girl you hook up with one night who shows up the next day with a shirt and cologne she just bought for you. Happened to one of my buddies and kind of freaked him out.

...I don't think you can really put a time table (or a price tag) on that. But I do think if the relationship is not progressing in a direction that the parties want, it is beneficial to call it quits at some point before you go too far down the road.

+1
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

It's the guy you've just met that lays it on too thick that's the problem. I once had some guy I'd met once and never even gone out with offering to buy me jewelry for a first date instead of flowers.

I think that's one of the signs of a possessive, abusive type personality. Running away like hell is a good response.

It's the guy you've just met that lays it on too thick that's the problem. I once had some guy I'd met once and never even gone out with offering to buy me jewelry for a first date instead of flowers.

I think that's one of the signs of a possessive, abusive type personality. Running away like hell is a good response.

Or a socially retarded guy who has watched too many movies and thinks that buying useless trinkets to women is the way the get laid.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Define "progressing". Would a kiss on the second date be progression? Feeling her up? her sucking your dick? fucking?

Depending on the person I would say all of the above.

Why are you so bitter about this topic? Are you thinking that perhaps some time in your past you might have unknowingly exceeded someone's limit?

You think I'm bitter? That's funny :D

Not only do I not care about someones "limit"... but if they were to ever judge me or our relationship based on how much money they spent on me initially (and btw, I like to split or pay for things like dinner/going out) I'm glad it didn't work out; and they're equally as sad as the "limit" you're saying you base your relationships on.

And therein lies the $200 limit. I don't go to hookers but I figured that if I reached the $200 mark I could have just bought myself a piece of ass. If the relationship wasn't progressing towards being more intimate it was time to cutaway. Thank you for demonstrating the issue.

So you don't have a cutaway limit for getting laid, but for whether the relationship is progressing. That's completely reasonable , but quite different to the OP title question, which could easily be referring to hookers.
My skydiving - http://unstable-exits.blogspot.com/

Define "progressing". Would a kiss on the second date be progression? Feeling her up? her sucking your dick? fucking?

Depending on the person I would say all of the above.

Why are you so bitter about this topic? Are you thinking that perhaps some time in your past you might have unknowingly exceeded someone's limit?

You think I'm bitter? That's funny :D

Not only do I not care about someones "limit"... but if they were to ever judge me or our relationship based on how much money they spent on me initially (and btw, I like to split or pay for things like dinner/going out) I'm glad it didn't work out; and they're equally as sad as the "limit" you're saying you base your relationships on.

Amazing how much you think you know about me. Fail.

You're the one who seems to have a problem with the scenario. Why do you care? I believe that everything we do is in some part motivated by the desire for sexual intimacy. Sometimes it's plain to see. Other times not so much. I was simply placing an outside limit on what I was willing to spend to explore one possibility. You seem to want to define me with it. S'OK. If it makes you sleep better at night.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I don't think you need to get defensive with Conundrum. You asked a question; She gave her thoughts. They differ from yours. That's ok on BOTH sides. No need to get annoyed with her opinions. Remember... it's just the internets, and dizzy.com at that.

Now.... are you going to comment on MY questions? :P

...I don't think you can really put a time table (or a price tag) on that. But I do think if the relationship is not progressing in a direction that the parties want, it is beneficial to call it quits at some point before you go too far down the road.

+1

Absolutely. Dating is our society's way of evaluating potential mates. To get the right mate is worth way more than $200, or $2,000. OTOH when it is apparent that one party isn't interested in becoming a mate, then any time or effort expended by the other is just wasted.

Interesting to see that 1/3 of women who meet dates online have sex on the first date.
www.switched.com/2007/11/12/one-third-of-women-who-meet-people-online-have-sex-on-first-date/

I wonder what the median is?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Interesting to see that 1/3 of women who meet dates online have sex on the first date.
www.switched.com/2007/11/12/one-third-of-women-who-meet-people-online-have-sex-on-first-date/

In that same link:

They neglected to mention that pretty much 100 percent of men will have sex on the first date -- if given the chance.

:D:D:D:D

In that same link:

They neglected to mention that pretty much 100 percent of men will have sex on the first date -- if given the chance.

:D:D:D:D

Sure - but I generally wait until the third (isn't that just good manners)?;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think I'm doing it wrong :(
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I think I'm doing it wrong :(

No, it's just you.

Well from those numbers a good 2/3rd of us are doing it wrong.
Shit and I've been doing the date three thing!
I should have gone for ass on date one!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!