warpedskydiver

Will the VA prescribe HGH or Streoids for Increasing Muscle Mass on Patients with Injuries?

dont know what HGH is or even means, but with steroids.. probably because the negatives outweigh the positives? or do you think that testicle-cancer is worth a broken bone?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

HGH ans steroids can be safely used when warranted, you are referring to street drugs and abuse of prescription medication.

I am merely referring to helping those nearly crippled and lacking in muscle regeneration.

Take for instance an person in a wheel chair who might be able to walk just a few steps but their legs wastes away, there is an insurmountable obstacle in trying physical therapy alone to get their legs strong enough again.

Time is also the enemy, the longer it goes on the harder it is to recuperate fully.

darn abbreviations.. what is VA?

i know one bodybuilder that gets steroids from a doctor. of course it's not all legal, but not really the "street-drug" you're referring to..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Some do.
It depends on the facility and the level of injury.
You really don't want the body to recover too quickly and risk one part damaging another part.
But for those with serious injury it's just an issue of the drug will do no good. The body just won't use it and it will cause other issues.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

to get back on topic, what the guy above said that if you push an injury too hard on one side, it will eventually damage another area. having had a GF just recently that suffered a knee-injury and did extensive PT, went back to icehockey, sure enough, she needs to undergo surgery again. some other ligament got fucked.

the gain in muscle on steroids would probably have worse effects rather quickly. but i'm no doctor..

personally, the shrinking balls would turn me off anyway.. :P

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I have personal experience with damaging the opposite limb.

That is quite common especially if you do not lay around much.

Gain steroids are not the best option but can be used safely when prescribed by a non quack.

HGH is the better option by far.

Testosterone is supposed to help as well.

I guess it is a good reason for chicks to swallow;)B|

and testosterone gets you AGGRESSIVE.. combine that with small balls and you're in for desaster! :P

again, i think the negatives outweigh the positive effects by far..

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I think they should.

You're not trying to balloon up like some IFBB pro cartoon. You're trying to just recover from an injury to get back to proper health. The horrible side effects that people reference are typical of someone who is abusing. When used properly under a doctors care, there can be good done. Just like most prescription drugs, there is an upside and a downside, but there can be a good side.

With that said, I do NOT condone illegal substance use. People who use illegal steroids are not welcome in my life. There's a local gym I refuse to use due to some of their trainers and customers being on gear.

As a side note, an interesting social look at steroid use is found in the documentary "Bigger Stronger Faster." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/

It's on Netflix instant watch and is worth your time.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

As a side note, an interesting social look at steroid use is found in the documentary "Bigger Stronger Faster." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/

It's on Netflix instant watch and is worth your time.

I was just going to mention that.
It is an *outstanding* documentary that dispels a lot of the myths and hysteria around PEDs.

Also, there is this interesting article from "Outside" magazine:
http://outsideonline.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html
The author used himself as a guinea pig to document the effects of PEDs.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Boy am I pissed after reading many articles today about the use of HGH and DECA to reduce joint pain and recuperate from muscle loss due to injuries.

WTF?

In Europe and the US/Canada it is common to prescribe, why do doctors then allow a patient to decline and truly suffer?

Is it simply easier for them to just prescribe pain meds which barely are strong enough to ignore the residual pain after taking them?

I have been on pain meds now daily since 1984, what the hell were they waiting for? death so they don't have to look at me?

My liver is fine right now but it won't be forever.

I am going to print these articles and then question the GP doctor as to why they decide as they do.

I am really puzzled now as to why they let people suffer, I am not saying I could be as if I was never injured, but the cumulative effects may have been far less to deal with.

I felt like an old man even though I was physically strong, this goes back to the age of just 24.

I could lift and work very hard but paid dearly the next day, and for quite some time, swollen joints, being so stiff I could hardly move, new injuries causing atrophy that even made my friends wonder what the fuck was wrong with me...

Geez!!!

Hello Warpie:P...
I don't know too much about this area of medicine. Are you really in a hurry to grow boobs? That's one of the side effects of GH therapy. I've never heard of patients being given GH & steroids for this. Although I've never worked in that area. I'd be very suspicious of these articles you mention. Care to PM me some links?

My understanding is that, when abused. GH combined w/anabolic steroids can yield impressive results. Those results come @quite a price, though. Is a little temporary bulk worth your life? Used @prescribed levels, you're better off w/traditional weight training. Don't ask me. Ask the experts. Steroids & GH can actually cause joint pain. They can also cause your limbs to swell, but not get stronger. (I took a quick look for you on the 'Net). Remember Lyle Alzedo (sp?)? If my memory serves correctly. He was trying for a comeback. He started juicing in earnest. @that time, GH + steroids was the hot method. GH is systemic. It doesn't just target muscle tissue. He had a brain tumor that may have stayed too small to trouble him for the rest of his life. Once the GH hit it? It grew to inoperable size almost overnight. It was a while ago, but I think that's how it happened (& he died).

Especially for a topic like this. You need to be careful where you're getting your info from. Look to credible medical sources, NOT body building sites. Personally, I would think very long & hard before taking these hormones. If I smelled cost-saving in the VA's not using this therapy? I think you know I'd say so. I don't think that's the case, here. I'm sorry if this is a bit jumbled. I'm pretty wasted-tired tonight.

Boy am I pissed after reading many articles today about the use of HGH and DECA to reduce joint pain and recuperate from muscle loss due to injuries.

WTF?

In Europe and the US/Canada it is common to prescribe, why do doctors then allow a patient to decline and truly suffer?

Is it simply easier for them to just prescribe pain meds which barely are strong enough to ignore the residual pain after taking them?

I have been on pain meds now daily since 1984, what the hell were they waiting for? death so they don't have to look at me?

My liver is fine right now but it won't be forever.

I am going to print these articles and then question the GP doctor as to why they decide as they do.

I am really puzzled now as to why they let people suffer, I am not saying I could be as if I was never injured, but the cumulative effects may have been far less to deal with.

I felt like an old man even though I was physically strong, this goes back to the age of just 24.

I could lift and work very hard but paid dearly the next day, and for quite some time, swollen joints, being so stiff I could hardly move, new injuries causing atrophy that even made my friends wonder what the fuck was wrong with me...

Geez!!!

I think it is more of the insurance issues rather than a physician issue. Insurance companies dont want to pay a lot out if it means a patient can be treated by medication. How many facilities actually provide this treatment in there area? There is also the question, is the patient a candidate for the treatment in question? If so, what is the copay and out of patient pocket responsibility?

A lot of factors come into play with treatments like this and not always fall on providers for not suggesting it.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I get totally free health care from the VA due to my level of disability rating.

I would give back every measly cent and forgo ever going there if I could only undo what has been done.

But there is not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

This week I had a problem just going down the stairs, I thought I missed a step somehow but realized it was my leg that did not respond right.

Maybe it was due to my neck being screwed up at the time (impingement)

I am not trying to complain here I am merely tired of this shit.

Anyone else here that has been seriously injured and have it cause long term effects knows what I am talking about.

This really sucks.

Having to take pain meds is a real PIA, having them not help that much is even worse, its like painting a house that was destroyed by an tornado.:|

WTF?

You are doing the right thing. YOU are the only one who will look out for you. Educate yourself about everything you can, the information is out there. Read, learn and ask questions. If what the doctor tells you doesn’t jive with what you have learned ask him to explain to you why it doesn’t then get another opinion. No one is advocating for you but you.

BTW anyone that thinks vets got it easy with health care and comp think again, they now want me to teleconference with Washington D.C, I will try and be professional and polite, lets face it they can go fuck themselves.

It's not the hospitals, it the fat cat bureaucrats.

I wonder how many of you realize that injured veterans get very little in compensation, I am not just thinking about myself here, wait another decade after this war is over and they will fuck the newer veterans just the same.

80% = $1,634, that's really generous, drug addicts get more help financially.

I work, I design parts, I go to school too, what does an alcoholic do to justify getting supported?

NOTHING

No wonder this country is going down the tubes

Did anyone read the article posted?
You know in theory, HGH could be used to speed up recovery and I know of a few steroids which are used in very small amounts to help people with joint pain or cartilage damage.
So maybe sure why not. Is it called HGH or steroids probably not.
But then again, you also are taking very small amounts to help rebuild not to recover.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!