sdctlc

Nova on E-bay

Yeah, I saw that too, so I e-mailed the seller to let him know about it here is the email and his response.
You asked:
"Hey, just thought you may want to know. The Nova canopy is dangerous and was grounded for sometime due to quite a few deaths from it collapsing. You may want to caution buyers (just would not want a newbie getting killed on one)"

thanx, A newbie would need to take it to a rigger for inspection and installation, if the rigger thought it was unsafe then the buyer would would have to try to sell it, thanx for the concern.

NICE GUY

It has been awhile but i hope people do remember the Nova and that it was not a canopy know for good flight characteristics...

Actually for their time they had GREAT flight characteristics.........until they started collapsing!:S .....I was getting in the plane when Gary had his accident in z-hills.

>Not entirely true. There were some that flew great.

Yep. I have a Nova 150; it's the best landing 150 I've ever jumped (including ellipticals.) It has the new lineset and the bigger slider, but openings still tend to be hard. And I wouldn't jump it at Perris in the summer.

I agree a 100% with billvon and diablopilot even though I'm not that experienced.

I have a Nova 150. I put more than 200 jumps on it and I never had any problems with it (mine also has the slider with the pockets and new lineset). Good flying characteristics and good landings (at least the last time I jumped it 2 years ago)

I still have it and the only time I wouldn't jump it is on a very windy day.

An even more morbid one showed up on E-Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=7142040968&rd=1

Can't say they aren't open about their listing, but I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about it...
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...