normiss

Idiotic, irresponsible, negligent drivers.

brightasslights.com

My tail light is PAINFUL to look at.
My headlight is illegal.
:P

I hope you have taken into consideration that bright-ass headlights can, and do, blind oncoming drivers...regardless of the type of vehicle they are driving.

I have. That's why I've never used them. They're rude & dangerous. Your tone is surprising me here, Pops. Do you have a problem w/motorcyclists?

I have a problem with overbright lights regardless of the vehicle. The issue is inattentive drivers, unpredictable drivers, speeders, etc

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If they're adjusted properly, you won't know the difference.

I agree, so why are so many cars and motorcycle equipped with poorly adjusted headlights?

If you get flashed enough times, I'd think one would change the angle of the light to the correct setting.

BUT, admit it, you LIKE to get flashed because you consider that "being seen" rather than you blinding the other guy. right? :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't because I can also appreciate being blinded.
I prefer to be seen but not a nuisance.
Also, given that a stock headlight is 55w low / 65w high and mine is 85w low / 100w high...you wouldn't want me to flash my high beams at you.
I think you could light a doobie off the high beam.

I think you could light a doobie off the high beam.

there's only one way to find out

1 - first, gather a doobie. There's a few of them, they smile a lot and sing and have long hair.

2 - place him in front of your high beams and see if he catches on fire

My big pet peeve is winter drivers that clean only the windows, then drive around with all head/tail/turn lights totally covered.>:(

But my closest call was:
- Night
- Raining
- Doing 65mph in a 65 zone
- 2-lane state highway, out in the country
- Car approaching in the opposite lane.
- Moron on a farm tractor in my lane with no lights, no reflectors, doing ~15 mph.

I slid to a stop about 18" from the rear of the trailer he was pulling.:S
Then I pulled over for 15 minutes to get my pulse below 200.

At night, in the rain, a two-lane country road and you are driving 65! I question who is the moron.... Aside from animals on the road in the country, having limited vision and the fact that the road is wet, better face reality as it is and not as you want it to be! Not everyone drives the maximum speed limit in those conditions.

"Not everybody drives the max speed limit"?

Statistically speaking, people who block the road tend to get hit. Impeding is a chargeable offense too, & w/good reason. I follow all the rules of the road. Not just the ones I like. Everyone deserves to get from point A to B in one piece.

Statistically speaking, people who block the road tend to get hit. Impeding is a chargeable offense too, & w/good reason. I follow all the rules of the road. Not just the ones I like. Everyone deserves to get from point A to B in one piece.

You are missing the fundamental problem;
The tractor had a right to be on that road, even if he was doing 15mph.
Farm equipment generally has a pretty low top speed.
As for impeding traffic, state laws generally require slow-moving vehicles to temporarily
pull over when more than a certain number of vehicles are backed up behind them.

The problem was this jackass was violating the requirements to have lights and reflectors.
Even the horse and buggies the Amish drive in that part of the country have a large triangular reflector and a flashing battery-powered light, which makes them visible for a long distance behind.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:(
I really get pissed off to read news like this.
Two bikers killed
>:(

And news like this.

According to the DA’s office, Cohens got out of his truck after the crash, walked over to Kriebel’s body, and assisted another motorist in covering the body with a towel or sheet, before getting back in his truck and driving away.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2011/02/04/north_penn_life/news/doc4d4c2baa83fc8109498433.txt?viewmode=fullstory