JohnnyZ

Icarus logo panel

Don't think so because better logos is one of the selling features of Jim Slaton's Icarus NZ project.

Just think of it as fashionable - kinda like how you can't buy a pair of jeans these days that aren't already faded and frayed. ;)

Canuck

Pardon my ignorance, but why does it matter? Is it because canopies are such big-ticket items you expect the logo to not peel off? Or does it bother you in some other way?

I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just asking what your feelings are. I tend to keep my canopy in my bag so much I only really notice my 60% peeled-off Hornet logo for a couple minutes while I'm packing. (Now, the 99% peeled-off orange measures and warnings label, that's a different story. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

It doesn't really bother me that much. I'd fly the canopy either way, but little details like this should be improved on over time. Most other canopy companies don't have this problem, so why should Icarus.
I hope that Johnny1488 is right, so it won't be an issue any more.

Thanks for the input guys.

John Z.:S

Pardon my ignorance, but why does it matter? Is it because canopies are such big-ticket items you expect the logo to not peel off? Or does it bother you in some other way?

I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just asking what your feelings are. I tend to keep my canopy in my bag so much I only really notice my 60% peeled-off Hornet logo for a couple minutes while I'm packing. (Now, the 99% peeled-off orange measures and warnings label, that's a different story. :)

To me, if the label is all worn out and torn it indicates high number of jumps or not taken care of well. My XFire2 has the colored logo on it before they switched to the just black and white dyed material. At about 50-100 jumps mine was cracking and looked like what my sabre with 800 jumps looked like...

It's just about resale in the end. Would you buy a car that's in great running condition but looks like shit? Makes ya wonder when else has happen to it. First impressions are the bitch
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Does anyone know if Icarus put's on new logo panels when you send one in for a reline? I sent one off for a friend a VX-96 to get relined and He said when he sent off his Vengeance that PD put new panels on without him asking for them, pretty nice service there.

The thought about taking the badges off the vehicle had occured to me, but it seemed like a lot of work, so I havn't gotten around to it yet. As for the Data panel on the canopy, I don't want to really hurt the resale value of it so I really don't mess with that to much. Besides I like to read how I'm overloading the canopy every now and then, it gives me a chuckle. Yall have a nice day now ya hear...

My canopy never had logos to start with... I like that line of thinking though. Mine does'nt even have a data panel on it.

mine just has the data panel, so I can remember what I':Pm jumping
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The logo on my Icarus Omega began peeling within dozens of jumps... I worried that I was packing it improperly. When I sent it back to Precision to replace a broken brake line (long story there) I asked to have the logo removed. It still flies fine without it.