Meso

Japan Earthquake - 11 March 2011

wow! that sucks :(

glad i live in the great state of florida, where we dont have to worry about such things :S;)

Not true... ANY tsunami generated in the Atlantic.. like if the island of Tenerife lets loose.. the wave will wash right over most of the state.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article407717.ece

haha, if a tsunami eve hit here, this entire state would be fucked. lol. :(

Dude.... just be ready... get a big wave board:)

wow! that sucks :(

glad i live in the great state of florida, where we dont have to worry about such things :S;)

Not true... ANY tsunami generated in the Atlantic.. like if the island of Tenerife lets loose.. the wave will wash right over most of the state.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article407717.ece

haha, if a tsunami eve hit here, this entire state would be fucked. lol. :(

Dude.... just be ready... get a big wave board:)

ohhh dont worry, ive got one ready. you better believe if theres something like that here my stupid ass will be paddling out! :D
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Tidal forces play a part, but I wouldn't put too much stock into anybody's theories if they involve sun spots.

The sunspots are apparently correlated with the large gas Giants Jupiter and Saturn, so when he talks about sun spots he refers to the position of these large planets and more importantly (to us) their effect on our planet.

Planets and earthquakes

The Geonet guys and MS science guys get massive funding to record seismic activity yet dismiss all this stuff. They also fail to predict anything other than predictions based on what has happened in the past, not what is happening now.

Ken Ring has theories publishes them and make predictions backed with sound explainable prinicpals.

He is not the only one.

The phase of the moon is currently 34% waxing crescent. The tidal forces would be highest at full and new moon.

And the Earth is between Jupiter and Saturn for the next little while.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The sunspots are apparently afeected by the lage gas Giants Jupiter and Saturn, so when he talks about sun spots he also refers to the position of these large planets and more importantly (to us) their efect on our planet.

Well, that's his opinion. Nothing I've ever read agrees with it, but he's entitled to believe what he wants.

The truth is, the beer in your hand has more gravitational influence over your life than Jupiter or Saturn.

He seems to -want- it to have something more to do with astrology than actual astronomy, but to each his own.

As for his understanding of earthquakes . . . http://www.predictweather.co.nz/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=337&type=home . . . that's just bullshit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The phase of the moon is currently 34% waxing crescent. The tidal forces would be highest at full and new moon.

which means good surf!!! :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

A tsunami watch warning just came on the TV right as I was reading this thread. ETA of possible tsunami is approximately 8:00 AM PST. The warning is for coastal counties from Monterey County and north.

Edit to add: I live in Monterey county four blocks from the beach in Carmel. I'll let you know if we're evacuated.

Emergency Broadcast System just upgraded from a Tsunami watch to a Tsunami warning.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Ken Ring has theories publishes them and make predictions backed with sound explainable prinicpals.

Ok, I've now read a few of his other pages.

Read this; http://www.predictweather.co.nz/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=328&type=home

Full moon period is warmer in summer
The moon distributes the sun’s heat indirectly. At times of full moon the air tide (total height above horizon) is low during the day and rises in the evening to meet the rising and transiting moon. Therefore, without the body of air in the way, the sun’s increased heat on summer full moon days can come closer to ground, bringing warmer conditions and enabling the massive evaporation from the surface of the sea around the equator for cyclones to form (26-28C is required). That is why cyclones so often form around summer full moons. It is also why skies are clear at night around full moon days – the rising evening air drives away the colder heavier air from space that would condense out clouds, result: the full moon “eats” clouds, as the old mariners used to say.
In the southern hemisphere summer, full moon is always accompanied by northern declination, it is a law. It means the full moon will appear low in the southern hemisphere sky, and its arc of transit is low. In the northern hemisphere's summer, full moon is always accompanied by southern declination, but the the same law applies. It means their summer full moon will appear low in their northern hemisphere sky, and its arc of transit is also low. So whoever is having summer will see full moon low in their sky. The reverse is true in winter, and whoever is having winter will see their full moon nearly overhead, because for the southern hemisphere the winter full moon is in the southern latitudes, and for the northern hemisphere their winter full moon is in their hemisphere.

The guy is a fucking moron.
quade -

Well, that's his opinion. Nothing I've ever read agrees with it...

...As for his understanding of earthquakes . . . http://www.predictweather.co.nz/...ID=337&type=home . . . that's just bullshit.

Ha ha, I have been listening to that for the last 2 weeks here.

Yet he predicted both of the recent CHCH earthquakes and the scientific community just sits and watch the seismograph waiting.

Lets see what the next 15 days brings us.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The guy is a fucking moron.

Whatever he is, he has the ability to print synoptic charts over a year ahead of schedule that are surprisingly accurate when the time comes around.

The Met service have trouble doing it a week ahead.

FrEaKy shiT.... Nature eriely crazy cool!

Ya. Effing pretty mother nature is. Except for the horrors it brings to humans sometimes.

Hawaii has an official tsunami warning in effect. Nothing for California yet. Im camping on the beach right now in northern Cali, guess id better follow the news[:/]

i would probably fuck off if i were you..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Whatever he is, he has the ability to print synoptic charts over a year ahead of schedule that are surprisingly accurate when the time comes around.

Trivial. In the US we have a publication known as "The Old Farmer's Almanac" that does much the same thing. It's based on historical climate averages.

I also can make weather "predictions." Ask me what the weather is going to be like in Southern California in February of 2012. Go ahead. I'll tell ya right now that for the majority of the time the daytime temps are going to be in the mid 60s, but there will be some days it's the mid 70s and some where it's the mid 50s. February will also see significant rain fall compared to the rest of the year.

Ohhhh....I'm magic.
quade -

Trivial. In the US we have a publication known as "The Old Farmer's Almanac" that does much the same thing. It's based on historical climate averages.

the difference is that Ken uses the solar system and its movements rather than historical data.

he prints maps with isobars and pinpoints the high and low pressure systems.

Does you farmer almanac do similar? or just temepoeratures etc...

The method the old farmers use sounds more like the method the scientific community uses to predict eathquakes....

And to reiterate, I don't necessarily beleive him, but he is 'more' accurate than those that get millions in funding.

fuck.

:(

Just read Hawaii was hit by a tsunami.... second hand news on facebook though....

fuck.

Just read Hawaii was hit by a tsunami.... second hand news on facebook though....

It would likely be Wake Island not Hawaii. I was just IMing with a friend in Hawaii. They were waiting to see what happened at Wake Island first. It wouldn't hit Hawaii for a few more hours.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

he prints maps with isobars and pinpoints the high and low pressure systems.

In November 2012, there will be a high pressure system that parks itself over the great basin of the western US. This will cause a Santa Ana wind condition causing winds of up to 60 mph at the Perris drop zone.

Big deal.
quade -

I am not seeing any other reports... maybe just bullshit.

lets hope it is no bigger than the usual massive surf they get there if it gets there.

In November 2012, there will be a high pressure system that parks itself over the great basin of the western US. This will cause a Santa Ana wind condition causing winds of up to 60 mph at the Perris drop zone.

Big deal.

new Zealand is in the roaring forties and is a temperate climate. It can be really rainy in january, or really dry, same goes for February, March, April, May June, July, August, Septemeber, October, November and you guessed it, December.

it can snow in summer and be 30 degrees in winter. our mountainous and windy country can be wet on one side and dry on the other and it is only a couple of hundred k's wide.

anyhoo, you think he is full of shit, so do many people here, many also back him. I just take everything on board and see what happens.

But you underestimate the difficulty of predicting weather in the lower pacific. We don't have a massive continent like you.

Big deal.

could you please kindly moderate yourself arguing about "granny" methods to predict the future in a serious thread involving for the moment dozens of fatalities ? :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Big deal.

could you please kindly moderate yourself arguing about "granny" methods to predict the future in a serious thread involving for the moment dozens of fatalities ? :|

Sorry. It's late and Rhys got me going with his article from the ridiculous man making predictions.

The fact is, we're all waiting to see what happens next and unfortunately, there isn't a lot going on right this moment. Our minds wander.
quade -

could you please kindly moderate yourself arguing about "granny" methods to predict the future in a serious thread involving for the moment dozens of fatalities ?

Based on the statistics that were issued from the recent eathquake here, it will take days or weeks to determine a resonably accurate figure on the death toll.

There will certainly be thousands...

Sorry. It's late and Rhys got me going with his article from the ridiculous man making predictions.

This wil be my last post about this unless an earthquake happens here in NZ around the 20th of March.

But to reierate why I have mentioned all this. and why it is relevant;

Ken predicted the September eathquake in christchurch, it was a 7.2 no deaths (fortunately) he was called an idiot.

He also predicted the february (6.4) earthquake, was called an idiot again and now a couple of hundred people are dead. The eathquake fits his timeline freakishly.

That is all

Any impact on Hawaii, should it take place - should occur in another 2-4 hours.

Ocean waves up to 6 feet (2 meters) above normal sea level were detected by deep-ocean gauges near Wake island, Midway and Guam in the North Pacific, said Chip McCreary, a spokesman for the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/11/japan-quake-tsunami-hawaii-idUSN1121201320110311
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/117789403.html

Wake Island has 1.6-foot tsunami

Coastal gauges at Wake Island and Saipan showed arriving wave heights of about 1.6 feet and 2.5 feet respectively, said Pacific Tsunami Warning Center geophysicist Gerard Fryer.

For Hawaii, that means, so far, "it looks like the largest waves, in Haleiwa and Hilo, will be about 2 meters (more than 6 feet)," Fryer said.

Fryer said scientists are actually analyzing two models -- one that shows waves of up to 2 meters and one showing half of that.

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3