skybytch

Whatcha readin'?

best for me so far was "needful things".. due to getting to know "little rock" (a city being read about in his works many times), and the city to be completely destroyed in that book. very cool!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Right now, I'm reading a classic...Fear of Flying by Erica Jong. I just hope I get it finished by the weekend so I can return it to the library before I move out of town! :D

Before that I was reading some foodie books...
In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, Oranges by John McPhee, and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I can't wait to start going to the Farmer's Markets once I get moved and settled. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

THE IMMORTAL GAME
A History of Chess
-- or How 32 Carved Pieces on a Board Illuminated Our Understanding of War, Art, Science and the Human Brain

by David Shenk

I finally found it in paper back. I'm trying not to read it all now. Saving it for a vacation, with a 5 hour layover in St. Louis.

Right now, I'm reading a classic...Fear of Flying by Erica Jong. I just hope I get it finished by the weekend so I can return it to the library before I move out of town! :D

How is that?

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

"The five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom; good book.

Started Netflix this year and started checking off titles I'd heard about. Got this one in the mail this week. Wow! Didn't know what I was getting in to! Had tears rolling the last 30 minutes so much I could hardly see the screen. What a profound message.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

How is that?

I read that last year because I'd heard so much about it over the years. Interested to see what lauralicious thought of it, but I hated it. I found the woman way to whiny and neurotic and incapable of just taking charge of her life. May have been groundbreaking when it was written, but didn't connect for me. I did get a few good quotes out of it, though.