JohnnyMarko

Name calling

Thanks oldwoman and joe...and yes, that's me (self portrait :P ) The whole idea of the 'if you're not part of...' was going off those who just watch bullying happen and not do anything about it are just as guilty. Not my idea, it's what the rest of my group wanted but yea, I don't like it...I'm just in charge of the poster part and my ideas get vetoed.

I'd suggest to at least feather the edges of the image and give the red lettering a black shadow.

You may also want to include the term delusional christian fuckwit...just saying.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hi Johnny,

There was an article in my local newspaper just this week or last week on bullying with a lot of examples of their text messages which seems to be the prevalent method of bullying, short of violence.

For girls it seemed as though the most used were 'bitch' and' slut.'

For boys it seemed as though the most used was 'faggot' or some form of that word.

Hope this might help,

JerryBaumchen

PS) I am probably biased but is seemed to me that the girls were far more vicious than the boys. :o

Thanks Jerry. For some reason, I wanted to use the word bitch, but I thought it might not be perceived well as far as a classroom presentation. I realize 'faggot' isn't much better, but I feel people normally think of 'bitch' as just a naughty word instead of derogatory, in contrast to my least favorite 'f' word.

I wanted to use the word bitch, but I thought it might not be perceived well as far as a classroom presentation. I realize 'faggot' isn't much better

??:S

You're doing a presentation on bullying...you need to portray the truth.

This is the problem with all this PC bullshit...everyone's afraid of the truth.

If people are gonna judge you for using harsh terms while demostrating the reality of the issue, that is their problem...their bias...not yours.

Get it?

*edit*
Seriously...is this a presentation for a bunch of 2nd graders, or college adults?
Seriously...

It's like you're afraid to use the word b**ch or ni**er because your're afraid they'll call you a mysogynist or racist...they probably will, but that's just because they're fu***ng biased morons.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!
;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!
;)

We're on the same page...as usual.

I was thinking the same thing.

If people are gonna judge you for using harsh terms while demostrating the reality of the issue, that is their problem...their bias...not yours.

People can judge me all they want, I don't care. But some used 'bitch' casually in their Power Point and the teacher didn't take it too well. Totally different project, but I'm not going to hurt myself by not having bitch in there..

*edit*
Seriously? I responded to you???
Seriously..

But some used 'bitch' casually in their Power Point and the teacher didn't take it too well.

Tell you teacher to grow up or go back to elementary school teaching kindergarten...

btw, context is everything.

I need some critiques. This is a very rough first attempt. Not happy with it right now, especially the image. Advice? (Normally I hate people critiquing shit, but since I don't know any of you I'm letting my barrier down)

I like it. All schools should have that in the halls.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The way to "persuade" a bully to stop is for every kid to bust him in the mouth every time he bullies someone. Avoidance Behavior can be a form of "persuasion."

Here's about 1,460,000 results for "Bully Posters" in Google Images.... effective program?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The way to "persuade" a bully to stop is for every kid to bust him in the mouth every time he bullies someone.

Agreed. When I was in school, if we were getting bullied, we brought a gun to school and shot them. Where did we go wrong in teaching kids to shoot themselves instead?

Anyway, for the poster, I couldn't really see the words well enough on your face, except for "sissy". They seemed a little dim.

I can understand about doing the project for a grade vs doing it for art. Luckily my professors tended to congratulate me for having 'provocative content' in a lot of my projects. One professor in particular though requested a watered-down version of a project I turned in, which ended up including a lot of passive-aggressive 'censored' content in it instead. It got me an A at least.