kallend

Orchids

Our local area Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards, as well as strictly local nurseries, seem to be having a price war on house and garden plants.

Along with a load of other plants I bought 4 orchids, very spectacular as well as having an interesting etymology. Remarkably inexpensive, too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

:D:D
Years ago during the hippie era, I got the bright idea to raise orchids right along side of the pot in my hothouse.

I come to find out that although the pot grew like a weed, I had a Black Thumb when it came to orchids.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Pot likes attention, orchids like to be forgotten.

...and all this time I thought I was talking so nicely to them....
[:/]:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I used to work for a greenhouse, we had one whole house of orchids, once a week we would go in and squirt a hose all over the place in a haphazard kind of way and they grew like crazy. Otherwise, we ignored them completely,

Seriously? I must be a horrible orchid caretaker because I bought one, researched all about their care, changed its substrate accordingly, kept fans going because I read that they like circulating air...basically did everything I thought I was supposed to do, and I killed the thing.

How are you people keeping them alive and thriving? I need advice!
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I can tell you first hand...feeding them wine does not work like it does on blond blue eye co-eds.

FIFY
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yes, but not related to this. I like flowers, although I don't talk to them like Popsjumper.

(I have to say that I'm disappointed that none of my so-called friends have introduced me to any rich widows yet;)).

I used to work for a greenhouse, we had one whole house of orchids, once a week we would go in and squirt a hose all over the place in a haphazard kind of way and they grew like crazy. Otherwise, we ignored them completely,

Seriously? I must be a horrible orchid caretaker because I bought one, researched all about their care, changed its substrate accordingly, kept fans going because I read that they like circulating air...basically did everything I thought I was supposed to do, and I killed the thing.

keep them in a cool place (mine are in the basement laundry room) Water them thoroughly once a week. I place mine in the sink and just about drown them with slightly warm water. When you notice new growth starting, begin feeding them with a very slight amount of orchid food with each watering. They are "light seekers" NOT 'light lovers" so make sure they get nothing but dappled light, not direct. Mine get flouresent light from my shop lights about 4 feet above them, with them shaded by other plants. Orchids bloom for one month a year, and then the dormancy cycle starts again.

Good luck!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

...as well as having an interesting etymology...

Given that this is Bonfire, I'm surprised no-one has followed up on this.

You probably have to mention something about genitalia if you want us Bonfirians to look up the etymology of anything. :P

...as well as having an interesting etymology...

Given that this is Bonfire, I'm surprised no-one has followed up on this.

You probably have to mention something about genitalia if you want us Bonfirians to look up the etymology of anything. :P

OK, ORCHIS!