grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

-sigh-

you still don't see the flawed logic of your argument do you?

Nope. I don't. :)
Nite nite troll. Have a GREAT evening!!!

And now, BACK TO HOCKEY TALK!!!!!!!!! With intelligent fans!!!!!

GO TEAM!!!!!!

Nite Nite HAVE A GREAT BAN FOR YOUR PA

Fucking whine whine whine.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

KARMA, blame it on Lyal and all of the Canuckians at Eloy that called to heckle me when Canada beat the US. KARMA! Eh! Oh No Canada!:P

I'll blame it on Lyal! Yeah, it's his fault! :D:D

CYA soon, bro! Don't forget to send me the list so I can reformat it so it makes sense to Liz and I! ;);)B|
'Shell

t is mutually agreed that you contribute nothing to these forums.

How can it be mutually agreed if i don't agree with you?

and i did have problems with my vigil so your agrument has failed not once but twice
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

look again.... those are mostly US teams

Point, set, and match...........you can't argue with that kind of logic.

Don

I can't see arguing. Especially this kind. It just drags on and on and... ad nauseum!

How 'bout Ozzie! 401 wins! I got a hunch, this will be his last year.
The 'World Juniors' have been really good! A real good look at the NHL of the future. Good stuff!

Chuck

Yeah you are right. Something about the whole read/write comprehend thing might be very challenging for you, sorry about making assumptions.
Literacy is something that is taken for granted in this day and age, maybe we can get some people together and help you?

http://www.suite101.com/content/when-adults-cant-read-a79814

Here is something to help you get started. The members of this forum are behind you buddy!!!!

Keep at it, because you are going to need to get better before your new moderator job on these forums and all.

Good luck bro

Back to hockey: Wow, what a big comeback with the Russia vs Canada game!!!! Didn't see it but heard about it. I also heard the Russian team got kicked off the airplane on the way back to Russia for being too rowdy! hahaha

Yeah, it was the comeback of the decade! 5 unanswered goals in 20 mins. Going into the 3rd, it looked like Canada couldn't be touched. Then they sat back and Russia just kept on coming.

Congrats Russia. While it doesn't take 3 full periods to win a game, it does take heart in the LAST one. They deserve the gold.

But it's OUR turn to take it next year! And it could happen in MY home city!! :)
'Shell

I wish, I would've seen that game!
Can you blame the Russians? :D That's quite a win!

Chuck

Yes, that was quite a win! As much as I was pissed off last night, I'm glad that other countries are starting to win the WJC.

The US with 2 recent wins and now Russia, it's good to spread it around a bit. I think it makes for a much better quality of hockey.

As for last night, I think that Canada has 20 good minutes, not 40 like everyone else is saying. They looked weak in the 2nd - even though they did score. Their power play was sloppy and they let themselves get drawn into focusing on making the big hit instead of what kept them dominate in the first period.

You could see Russia literally take the game from them.

Sorry, didn't get the reference. Thought golden gloves referred to boxing. Not much of a baseball fan so you win with that.

Actually, Shell, you are right. Pro baseball players win a 'Gold Glove' for defensive prowess at their position. The 'Golden Gloves' tournaments are competitons in amateur boxing.

Even with your self-admittedly limited knowledge, looks like you can beat this guy at his own argument. Try not to make him cry. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Chuck

Yes, that was quite a win! As much as I was pissed off last night, I'm glad that other countries are starting to win the WJC.

The US with 2 recent wins and now Russia, it's good to spread it around a bit. I think it makes for a much better quality of hockey.

As for last night, I think that Canada has 20 good minutes, not 40 like everyone else is saying. They looked weak in the 2nd - even though they did score. Their power play was sloppy and they let themselves get drawn into focusing on making the big hit instead of what kept them dominate in the first period.

Wow! sounds like it was a heckuva game. Like Mike Babcock says; "You have to play 60 minutes!"

Chuck

Sorry, didn't get the reference. Thought golden gloves referred to boxing. Not much of a baseball fan so you win with that.

Actually, Shell, you are right. Pro baseball players win a 'Gold Glove' for defensive prowess at their position. The 'Golden Gloves' tournaments are competitons in amateur boxing.

Even with your self-admittedly limited knowledge, looks like you can beat this guy at his own argument. Try not to make him cry. :)

Don

same thing, so your argument fails :)
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Chuck

I agree with you. I had managed to see the game against the Finns where they came back from 3-1 in the third to win. They started being a bit tentative with the puck in the second, weren't winning the individual battles and the Russians were getting room to move.

What is remarkable about the Russian kids is that they did this three games in a row. Full marks to them.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Chuck

I agree with your hunch, Chuck. Though I'm hoping he'll remain close in some capacity. Maybe start a kids league using his backyard hockey rink in Plymouth, Mich.? B|

401(+) wins and 3 Cups under his belt? H.O.F. is definately somewhere in his future IMO.

aloha.

Chuck

I agree with your hunch, Chuck. Though I'm hoping he'll remain close in some capacity. Maybe start a kids league using his backyard hockey rink in Plymouth, Mich.? B|

401(+) wins and 3 Cups under his belt? H.O.F. is definately somewhere in his future IMO.

I can sure see the Hall of fame in his future. As was said earlier in this thread... he's the most under-rated goalie in the NHL. He comes across as a super, good guy. Maybe, the Wings could use him as a goalie coach or some other position. From all I've read about Ozzie, the Illitchs' think the world of Ozzie. He might quit playing but he'll have a job of some kind with the Wings.

Chuck

Man o Man. Sharks vs Vancouver tonight was one HELLUVA game!

We actually had a backup goalie from the local BC college, because none of ours could make it out after our backup goalie got hurt in practice. His first NHL game and he is already 1-0!!! hahaha. Sounds like the guy had a fun evening, even though he didn't play.

1-1 through overtime, with Sharks winning in shootout. So sweet!!!

We actually had a backup goalie from the local BC college, because none of ours could make it out after our backup goalie got hurt in practice. His first NHL game and he is already 1-0!!! hahaha. Sounds like the guy had a fun evening, even though he didn't play.

Good for him! I enjoy seeing stuff like that. Got to be a huge confidence builder. I was hoping Vancouver would lose.
Detroit blew a 3-goal lead but managed to win in over-time. I guess, you've heard... Detroit is trying to get Nabakov!? Ozzie is supposed to be out till March after hernia surgery. They can't keep using back-ups.

Chuck

Good for him! I enjoy seeing stuff like that. Got to be a huge confidence builder. I was hoping Vancouver would lose.
Detroit blew a 3-goal lead but managed to win in over-time. I guess, you've heard... Detroit is trying to get Nabakov!? Ozzie is supposed to be out till March after hernia surgery. They can't keep using back-ups.

Chuck

Nabakov....there goes Detroit's Cup chances.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Chuck

Nabakov....there goes Detroit's Cup chances.

Detroit is looking for a good goalie but I question their thinking about Nabakov! If, he was 'that' good, wouldn't the Sharks have offered him another contract? I thought Joey McDonald did pretty good for Detroit and with a little more time, I think he could be a darned good back-up to Howard.
Detroit's biggest problem is with their defence. Also, the fact they do too much passing the puck and not taking shots. Drives me nuts! They'll pass-up a good chance to shoot and pass the puck, usually ending in a turn-over.

Chuck