warpedskydiver

Today is the Day

Today I start watching what I eat and getting exercise, I hope to by next summer be as fit as I was when I was only 35yrs old.

We shall see....

I was extremely fit at 35yrs old BTW.

I need to lose 30lbs and look like an anatomy chart.

Nothing but hard work and discipline stand in my way.

Hi W

Isn't that what Mel Fisher used to sayB|

I'm sure you can do itB|

I know I can't do it. But I'm to old so I buy cloth's way to big and everyone thinks I'm losing weight:ph34r:, or a very sick man.

Used to work great with a sign on the street corner.[:/]

R.I.P.

One Jump Wonder

Find someone to set goals with and encourage each other.

When my wife is around, I'm super fit. When her good influences are absent (as they have been for the past three months with us living in different cities) I'm a couch potato.

Elvisio "good luck!" Rodriguez

Well I am outta luck as my spouse will not work out nor lose weight...not demeaning just the truth.

Maybe my daughter wants to work out more.

For me it's important to have a goal. I recently started training to run a Spartan race at the end of September.

+1 Just ran my most recent triathlon last week. Haven't reached my fitness goals totally, but I feel really good with how far I've come since this time last year.

Besides having a friend (or more) to keep me on track, I tried something new this year. I made a schedule that had SOME type of workout every day. I incorporated group activities, such as a local running club and various fitness classes at the gym. I wrote this schedule in dry erase and posted it in the kitchen, and adjusted it as schedules/weather/activities changed. I did not stick to it religiously, but was pretty good about putting my training as a priority. I didn't chastise myself for days I took off. I just moved on to the next day's activity the next day.

Good luck & HAVE FUN!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!