NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

Dude, that tank looks awfully clean. Hope you can get some more road grime on it by Sturgis. Don't want the other folks to think that is a poser rat bike.:P

I was worried about that during this rebuild...there was simply no way to work on it without cleaning it a little, I couldn't find the bolts!~:ph34r:

[reply

Dude, that tank looks awfully clean. Hope you can get some more road grime on it by Sturgis. Don't want the other folks to think that is a poser rat bike.:P

I was worried about that during this rebuild...there was simply no way to work on it without cleaning it a little, I couldn't find the bolts!~:ph34r:

How about a photo of the trailer the bikes will ride on to Sturgis... ;)

Have fun, be safe.

Been riding Nina a lot at night lately. It's a nice way to cool off in the wind after a hot day. Went by the bike night at a local dive bar tonight but it was mostly crotch rockets and way too much twenty year old testosterone. I can get that at the DZ, LOL!

The girlz wasn't bad though. It's funny how generationaly men get tougher to put up with (as you, yourself, grow older) but the wimins are always pretty much just right!

NickD :)

I was just workin on the bikes, and noticed when my son backed them out, he park my wifes old bike,(73 honda chopper I built for her , our first year together) right in front of her present bike!the 47 knuckle..Just had to get a picture of it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Bikes/002-4.jpg

Hey, Gypsy is that orange bike to the right a 350RD?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I was just workin on the bikes, and noticed when my son backed them out, he park my wifes old bike,(73 honda chopper I built for her , our first year together) right in front of her present bike!the 47 knuckle..Just had to get a picture of it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Bikes/002-4.jpg

Hey, Gypsy is that orange bike to the right a 350RD?

75 DT 250 with only 1700 miles on it!
We're in Sturgis right now! I been here 6 times, adn never seen this many bikes/....Unfuckinbelieveable!

What a rush to be riding up to Moutn Rushmoore with my son riding his own 47 with me and my wife on our knuckles!

I'll upload pictures when w gtte back!

Our Sturgis house in Deadwood , all but one bike lined up for a shot, my knuckles are all the way at the end, in this shot...I of course took my pictures from the other side!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/sturgis/DSCN2034a.jpg

Our Family of knuckles on our way out for a ride to Rushmoore!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/sturgis/DSCN2071a.jpg

Our Sturgis house in Deadwood , all but one bike lined up for a shot, my knuckles are all the way at the end, in this shot...I of course took my pictures from the other side!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/sturgis/DSCN2034a.jpg

Our Family of knuckles on our way out for a ride to Rushmoore!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/sturgis/DSCN2071a.jpg

Tell Crazy Horse I said hello.

We're in Denver....But someone from the sturgis house posted this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHaSq2vqDXY

Hey Gypsy what's the compression on YOUR Knuckle, that thing kicked over like there was no compression at all?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We're in Denver....But someone from the sturgis house posted this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHaSq2vqDXY

Hey Gypsy what's the compression on YOUR Knuckle, that thing kicked over like there was no compression at all?

8.5 to 1 but it is technique/tuning, my sons is higher, and I can kick it the same way...Hell, my wifes is 80 inches, still same method of kickin! fuck jumping up in the air!B|:ph34r:

I thought you were going to set us up a Sturgis pic thread ?B|

I'm still on the road, and haven't uploaded anything!

We are hitting ski resorts, which turn into mountain bike parks during summer,. for my son, on our way home...2 day trip will instead take us a little more than a week!B|

Is there a "Problem" with posting things to this biker thread?

this place seems to have many clicks and rules, so I am unsure..

Myself, I thought paying respects to the best biker thread ever in the bonfire was better than making dozens of little biker threads![:/]

If you're asking me, I'd like to see this thread keep going with whatever is motorcycle related . . .

The cops are doing mega-enforcement operations on motorcycles in my area so I decided to throw a set of turn signals on Nina. I just went down today and bought a 5 buck signal flasher at the auto parts store and laid out the wiring. The lights themselves I got off Ebay for cheap. It's all working through the switches on the handlebars (which is cool) and tomorrow I'll button it all up.

Also a photo of Nina out with a few of her friends . . .

If you're asking me, I'd like to see this thread keep going with whatever is motorcycle related . . .

The cops are doing mega-enforcement operations on motorcycles in my area so I decided to throw a set of turn signals on Nina. I just went down today and bought a 5 buck signal flasher at the auto parts store and laid out the wiring. The lights themselves I got off Ebay for cheap. It's all working through the switches on the handlebars (which is cool) and tomorrow I'll button it all up.

Also a photo of Nina out with a few of her friends . . .

I like how you think!

Nina's friends are boring LOL!

I think the siggies look great, they add not take away at all! But are those "red" lens in front?

I know you didn't want to put turn signals on her, but I'm glad you did. I don't think they take anything away from her looks.

I was having a conversation with a "scooter guy" last night. This guy collects and restores old scooters. He has a bunch of Cushmans (Cushmen?:P) and 50's-60's Vespas. A lot of them don't have signals or brake lights and he has had close calls because of how few idiots understand hand signals these days.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The sigs are amber in the front . . .

And yes Nina's friends "are" boring. All store-bought stockers and those guys think a big modification is bolting on some new chrome doo dad, LOL! I've sort of become the go-to-guy for mechanical problems. Mostly it's, "Hey Nick, what the heck is this noise?" Or, "Can you adjust my clutch?"

On the sigs, no I didn't want to run them at all. I'm comfortable riding without them as the hand signals are just to be legal, but I never change lanes, or do anything really, until I can do so without counting on some cager to do the right thing.

Also one of the great things about California is there are a lot of motorcycles on the road and cagers see them all year long (not like in the Northeast where they completely disappear during the winter) so the drivers (while bad like everywhere) are more used to sharing the road.