dzdiva

Have you ever wondered...

a blind person could be in the back seat of a car being chauffeured ;)

Know what, Mr Smarty-pants? Logic in this thread is completely uncalled for. What if the chauffeur is blind?? :P:D

How will they know where to stick the card?

Put some hair around the slot?

OMG!! You did not!!!:D:o
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Know what, Mr Smarty-pants? Logic in this thread is completely uncalled for. What if the chauffeur is blind?? :P:D

That would be the blind leading driving the blind ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Or some anchovy paste... :D

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

...........how the blind know when to quit wiping?

Ahhhh...a question for the philosophers. You're not by chance a liberal arts major? :P;):)

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

There was the couple who bought the motor home. This is a true story by the way. They set off on their trip...the wife was driving...once they were on the freeway, she slapped on the cruise control and headed to the back to help her husband make dinner.................The motor home crashed of course, destroying it. They lived, and sued for a couple million dollars....and won.....You see, no one had mentioned in the owner's manual that "cruise contro"l is not an "auto pilot device". Now it is clearly stated in the owner's manual.......[:/]

Life is short ... jump often.

OMG!! You did not!!!:D:o

Of course I didn't.

I don't own any ATM's.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There was the couple who bought the motor home. This is a true story by the way. They set off on their trip...the wife was driving...once they were on the freeway, she slapped on the cruise control and headed to the back to help her husband make dinner.................The motor home crashed of course, destroying it. They lived, and sued for a couple million dollars....and won.....You see, no one had mentioned in the owner's manual that "cruise contro"l is not an "auto pilot device". Now it is clearly stated in the owner's manual.......[:/]

Bet if we all went out to the garage and checked the owner's manual, that little tidbit is included now for all the other idiots :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Bet if we all went out to the garage and checked the owner's manual, that little tidbit is included now for all the other idiots :ph34r:

Make sure the door is closed and the car is running while you read thru the manual.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

the wife was driving

That's as far as I had to read. :) There'a a bunch of those type stories out there, but it is, in fact, just this type of incident that set some very slippery precedents for Tort law.

IMHO, most of this shit really skyrocketed when Dan White's attorney concocted what became known as "The Twinky defense" in the Moscone/Milk case. I know. Criminal vs civil, but conceptually equivalent in absurdity.

G. Jones

the wife was driving

That's as far as I had to read. :) There'a a bunch of those type stories out there, but it is, in fact, just this type of incident that set some very slippery precedents for Tort law.

IMHO, most of this shit really skyrocketed when Dan White's attorney concocted what became known as "The Twinky defense" in the Moscone/Milk case. I know. Criminal vs civil, but conceptually equivalent in absurdity.

Toooo Serious--take it to SC :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It got too serious when talk of children asphyxiated by plastic bags was brought into the thread. I appreciate the advice about SC, but not interested. I'm sure dead babies will be a good topic for someone though.

Nite.

G. Jones

It got too serious when talk of children asphyxiated by plastic bags was brought into the thread. I appreciate the advice about SC, but not interested. I'm sure dead babies will be a good topic for someone though.

Nite.

I apologize. I thought this thread was about the absurdity of the stupidity of people, and I posted that in that spirit.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

First, the woman displayed a lack of judgment that went well beyond using cruise control in the rain. For example, she used disposable diapers on her baby, which is not very environmentally conscious.

Second, the story in circulation has been "cleaned up" a bit for public dissemination. Ms. Abbey was actually ironing her entire outfit at the time of the incident and had removed her bra with the intention of breast feeding her child after she changed it, thus she was actually wearing nothing but the helmet and panties when she was found.

And finally, the woman received multiple traffic tickets after the incident, including ones for speeding, unsafe driving, child endangerment, littering, breaking various fire-marshal regulations, illegal parking, damaging public property (the cliff), indecency, and operating an aircraft without a pilot's license.

Total Fines: 2 Million dollars.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

First, the woman displayed a lack of judgment that went well beyond using cruise control in the rain. For example, she used disposable diapers on her baby, which is not very environmentally conscious.

Second, the story in circulation has been "cleaned up" a bit for public dissemination. Ms. Abbey was actually ironing her entire outfit at the time of the incident and had removed her bra with the intention of breast feeding her child after she changed it, thus she was actually wearing nothing but the helmet and panties when she was found.

And finally, the woman received multiple traffic tickets after the incident, including ones for speeding, unsafe driving, child endangerment, littering, breaking various fire-marshal regulations, illegal parking, damaging public property (the cliff), indecency, and operating an aircraft without a pilot's license.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

With passengers!:o:D

OR, why they put the "Don't let your baby play with this plastic bag"? :S

I know it seems stupid, but the lawyers make them do it. And kids DO want to play with those things. There might be a few parents out there that don't really think too deeply that might be helped by those instructions.

How about little kids drowning in plastic buckets? I NEVER even thought about that until I saw the labels warning about the danger. :S:o So as dumb as it may sound, I'm okay with some of the labels. Besides, I'm sure people really have eaten the silica gel packs that come with a new laptop. :D

Besides, I'm sure people really have eaten the silica gel packs that come with a new laptop.

Shit. That's not a licorice stick? [:/]
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I've heard way too many versions of this one. I do not believe it. :S

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

For the same reason they put Braille lettering on a drive through ATM...
:|

What sort of country has drive through banks (or anything for that matter) ... get out of the fucking car and WALK - you lazy fucks.:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

What sort of country has drive through banks (or anything for that matter) ... get out of the fucking car and WALK - you lazy fucks:P

Some places even have drive-thru liquor stores!!:P;)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."