ryoder

Name that chopper

AN-2?

Considering the stall speed of an AN-2, and the kind of winds Loveland often gets, an AN-2 might not be a bad choice for vertical lifting jobs there.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Kman Kmax. Worked for Mountain West Helicopters that had 2 of them and Grizzly Mountain Helicopters that had 1! 7 years altogether working around that ship. 7,000 pound lift depending on heat of the day and alti. one of the quietest heavy lifting heli's I been around compared to the S-61, Boeing107, Skycrane, Hughes super 204 and 205, and the CH-234 Chinook! ;)

Got to ride in a Kman back when I was working for Skyline helicopters ;) Back doors "yes" and I remember the long jet exhuast over the top of the tail. Of course the Kman Kmax replaced it some years ago.

There is still one working near to where I live in LaClede Idaho.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Kman Kmax. Worked for Mountain West Helicopters that had 2 of them and Grizzly Mountain Helicopters that had 1! 7 years altogether working around that ship. 7,000 pound lift depending on heat of the day and alti. one of the quietest heavy lifting heli's I been around compared to the S-61, Boeing107, Skycrane, Hughes super 204 and 205, and the CH-234 Chinook! ;)

Okay, I give! What's a Hughes Super 204/205?

If someone told me they were using 204's and 205's as logging helicopters, I'd be thinking Bell Hueys.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Got to ride in a Kman back when I was working for Skyline helicopters ;) Back doors "yes" and I remember the long jet exhuast over the top of the tail. Of course the Kman Kmax replaced it some years ago.

I was just looking at an HH-43 on display at Hill AFB last weekend and thinking what a bitchin' jump ship it would be.B|

I like the looks of that heavy lift Karmen, super sleek with huge rotors. It certainly is optimized for lifting heavy sling loads. :)

If I remember right when I worked for Skyline Helicopters and at an alti. where we were logging they were pulling turns of logs off the mountain side at about 4,000 pounds at a time.Only in the morning but it went down to 3,200 pounds mid day. They are pretty neat to watch fire up at the service landing as well as its big sister Kman_Kmax (rocking back and fourth as one rotor turned clockwise and the other turned counter clockwise).. Kman was a smooth ride. I hooked logs under a Kman Kmax for a weekend and you could tell when u got a heavy log turn on them......the polit radioed to you how much it weighed........voice would be a bit shaky from the load. But still the quietest ship (both) I've been around. ;)