PhreeZone

Ally Bank?

Anyone have any interactions with Ally? I am considering moving some accounts to them but was hoping to hear from people that have banked with them in the past before I move money to them. Anyone have any good or bad stories about Ally?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Anyone have any interactions with Ally? I am considering moving some accounts to them but was hoping to hear from people that have banked with them in the past before I move money to them. Anyone have any good or bad stories about Ally?

The drones they have working for them are absolutely worthless. The worst customer service I've ever experienced...In one instance, an employee was unable to comprehend the situation and got very rude and defensive, calling herself the Jesus Christ of the banking world and all kinds of other nonsense and refused to give me her name or rep #. She wouldn't even transfer me to a manager so I had to hang up.

When I called back and finally got to talk to a manager after waiting who knows how long, she bent over backward to rectify the situation...

Sometimes I'll make my payment during the grace period after the due date and they'll call 5 times a day everyday...Quite excessive I think, especially for being the "grace" period. People owe me money and If I bugged them like that everyday I would be committed to a mental institution...actually, I deliberately pay in grace period everytime now...I enjoy that time of the month when I get to f**k with them when they call...I can do many impersonations, various funny voices and accents...it a riot!:D

Also, I was a customer for years when they were GMAC...I didn't appreciate when they tried to take advantage of a loyal customer by trying to skrew me by offering a ridiculous interest rate for another loan...

Ally is new, so things may get better...It may just've been my experience that was sub-par...

Personally, I've noticed people having better experiences with a credit union...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I've found them to be great. Their customer service is easily available and helpful. They make it easy to move money to other bank's accounts, and they really do refund ATM fees from other banks. Their business model makes sense to me - getting rid of all the overhead by not having so many separate branches all over the country.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've found them to be great. Their customer service is easily available and helpful. They make it easy to move money to other bank's accounts, and they really do refund ATM fees from other banks. Their business model makes sense to me - getting rid of all the overhead by not having so many separate branches all over the country.

+1

Except as a depositor their interest rate is only "competitive":(. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Whine whine whine.

R.
One Jump Wonder