Xander

Japan, 6 months later...

Some amazing pictures from Japan comparing pictures taken across this year showing the redevelopment and recreation of what is one of the worlds most interesting countries to me.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/09/japan-marks-6-months-since-ear.html

:)

I think we have a lot to learn from the Japanese. I was in New Orleans a couple years after Katrina; the places that had been wiped clean were empty and re-growing, but many, many houses were abandoned, with trash still all around them. The city was overwhelmed, but frankly that corner of Japan must have been more overwhelmed.

I'm not trying to put this into the speaker's corner; I'm just astounded at what people working together can do.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So, where are they putting all that debris that they clean up?

Maybe they're sending it back to the ocean with a note that says return to sender...:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I think we have a lot to learn from the Japanese. I was in New Orleans a couple years after Katrina; the places that had been wiped clean were empty and re-growing, but many, many houses were abandoned, with trash still all around them. The city was overwhelmed, but frankly that corner of Japan must have been more overwhelmed.

I'm not trying to put this into the speaker's corner; I'm just astounded at what people working together can do.

Wendy P.

I was thinking the best thing to do in Narlins would be to dredge the river and just bury all that crap that can not be recycled such as metals, in situ amking the whole thing a landfill. You get the added benefit as you raise the ground surface to 30 foot or more.. move any houses back to their original lot..if they are worth saving and you are now above any future flooding possibilities, with ground that is higher than all of those levies... well for a few centuries if the subsidence continues.