grega

i need help with javelin odyssey and cypres 2

this is question for all the packers. Where do you put the excess cypress 2 cable, because jav odysseys don't really have a pocket for excess cable only a "cover" with velcro. so:
-do you put the cable under that cover and try to close the cover even though the cable is between both sides of velrco
-or do you put the excess cable in the same pocket the main cypress unit is in?
-or do you just leave the excess cables at the botom of reserve container...
???
"George just lucky i guess!"

well yeah i'm used to put the excess calbe outside under the velcro pocket. but the odyssey doesn't have a pocket. well it does but... well if you put anything in that so called pocket, you can't close it because the cable will prevent the two velcro sides to hook together.
it't not the same pocked as at mirage, wings, atoms, ... it's more just a cover than a pocket to put cables in. so if you fold them and put them under that cover ("pocket") they'll unfold very easily. unless i hold them there where they are supposed to be and then put the freebag in so it'll hold the cables in place. but i doubt it was designed for packing this way...

and i sure rather put them in the same pocket as the main unit is, than to be in doubt wheather cables unfolded and are really close to the lines... hmm...

thanks for the link but in cypress manual sais put the excess cable in the outside velcro adjustable pocket. and if there isn't any "pocket" :P :o
"George just lucky i guess!"

I assume that you are talking about the cypres pocket that doesn't provide space to coil the excess.

A much better solution is to make a long "s-fold" with the thick cable that runs to the control unit and insert it into the channel that runs from the base of the container toward the yolk. Then all you have is the thin cable that runs to the cutter to stow at the base of the container. I make a circle with the field replaceable link under the flap and the velcro closing in the middle of the circle.

I got permission from RWS to do this on their containers. Be sure to get something in writing from Sunpath before doing anything other than what their manual states (this, of course, is a good rule of thumb to live by anytime you are considering doing something that is in any way different than what's presented in the manual).

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

I may not have seen an odessey, but I have seen smaller rigs without the full outside pocket. There was still enough room to put the cables under the velcro and close it. Also, at least one manufacturer, I don't remember who, has the s fold in the channel in the manual. But I still think that folding the cables back on themselves into the processor pocket is a bad idea and not one I've ever seen sanctioned. I'd appreciate the link if someone has one where this is the recommended procedure.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE