JohnRich

If you found a bank bag full of money, would you return it to the bank?

A wallet with no id, and only cash(which I can't see happening) is mine.

Back in 1988 I tied up my rail test car in the old Illinois Central Railroad yard in Mobile, AL. for the weekend. Needing some cash for the weekend, I took a walk to the cash machine a couple of miles away. As I was strolling along, I noticed a green, Velcro wallet, with a pot leaf screen printed on it, in the gutter. It was partially buried in the muck and appeared to have been there for awhile. I walked on passed it for about 100 yards. I began thinking that there may be a few dollars in it. I turned and walked back to where the wallet laid in the gutter. I picked it up and peeled back the top to see if anything was in it. To my surprised there was a one hundred dollar bill and a number of other bills behind it. I quickly put it in my pocket, muck and all, and returned to my rail car. Upon returning, I announced to the other two onboard that I found a hundred dollars and chump change. When I opened the wallet and removed the bills there were 17 one hundred dollar bills, one fifty dollar bill, one twenty dollar bill, and no ID. Did I keep it? Hell yes. I never did make to the ATM. Oh well.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

The only money I've found has been in the $1 to $5 range

I find money all the time, usually 20's and 50's...

Found a bag in Lincoln, Nebraska going cross cunt with 6k...searched desperately to not find the owner...;)

Unfortunately, I found the owner....:D...and returned it for a hug...

I could write a book on the story that followed but I've learned that most people here don't give a shit about what I have to say...

....anyway, I'm almost positive that I would've used the money in some obnoxious way that would've cost me my life...

Give the money back, it's not worth it.:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Is cash being transported like that tracked by serial number in some way, or have I just watched too much TV?

I'd return it anyway, but if it is tracked, wouldn't you be found out eventually?

Nope. Just run it through your washing machine.

Wouldn't that be an added charge... laundering money?

Chuck

Hmmmm... pot leaf printed on the wallet... 17 $100.00 bills... sounds like, someone sold some dope and lost his profits! Hee, hee...

That's what I thought.

Last weekend I found a ten dollar bill in a parking lot in Minot ND. Not quite $1770.00, but I never sneeze at free cash. Hell, I pick up every penny I see.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Hmmmm... pot leaf printed on the wallet... 17 $100.00 bills... sounds like, someone sold some dope and lost his profits! Hee, hee...

That's what I thought.

Last weekend I found a ten dollar bill in a parking lot in Minot ND. Not quite $1770.00, but I never sneeze at free cash. Hell, I pick up every penny I see.

If, there's no identification or means of tracking it down to the rightful owner, I guess, I'd be foolish to walk away from it. The other day, I found a dollar bill in the grass at the Post Office. About a week ago, I found a dollar bill outside of the Dollar General! A real good place to find money is around the parking lot of a popular beer joint.;)

Chuck

News:

Bank courier van spills money on roadway

"Thousands of dollars went missing this afternoon after the doors of a bank courier van opened, causing bags of money to spill out onto the road and people to gather in a frenzy...

"Police recovered about $400, but Lt. Englert said several bags containing "well into six figures" remained missing Wednesday night..."
Full story: Post-Gazette

If you found a bank bag full of money on the side of the road, would you return it to the bank?

Man, some people miss the obvious!!!

$100,000+ got dumped on a freeway and the cops only gave back $400 of it!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Is cash being transported like that tracked by serial number in some way, or have I just watched too much TV?

I'd return it anyway, but if it is tracked, wouldn't you be found out eventually?

Nope. Just run it through your washing machine.

:D:D:D:D:D:D..!! Good one.