skymama

The next time you try to get around a construction zone

One of the comments I read was some guy said he would have just stood outside the guys window and laughed for a couple hours.

I remember back in 79 I was building a house out on the beach. Well these tourist girls pulled off the road and got stuck. We grabed our shovels and proceeded to dig and push them out of the sand.

One of the girls kept complaining about how, we in Florida, shouldnt have sand next to the road.[:/].

While we were helping the girls this guy crawls out of his car stuck in the sand about 100' away. This was the end of the point so traffic had to turn around. He was obviously still drunk from the night before.

He comes over while we were working on getting the girls car out and he kept saying that we couldn't dig it out. Kind of pissed me off so after we got the girls car out and sent them on their way, we just went back to work on the house without offering to help him.

He tried a little bit to get his car out but gave up and had about a two mile walk to the highway.

Attitude is very important.:)

I feel bad for the construction workers. After digging the driver and his car out, I'm pretty sure the driver didn't stick around to help fix the concrete that he messed up.

I'm going to guess that the car owner's insurance company will be paying for the cost of re-doing the pavement work.
Although it's possible that the insurance company will refuse to cover the accident because he deliberately drove down a road that was clearly marked "closed" (some policies exclude coverage for accidents that happen in an area that the driver isn't supposed to be).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo