BIGUN

Famous People Logbook Signatures

***They thanked me with one of the really neat 'signed by the team' presentation posters...framed and all. B|B|

While not a logbook signature, I do have a framed photo of the US Army's Golden Knights 8 way team, presented to me by Joe Trinko and Chris Talbert at the Virginia state record 88 ways that Joe co-organized with Doug Forth in 1999, that also saw the first all-deaf 5 way in the US.

Dave Stahl, Gary Mohler, Charlie Brown, Paul Rafferty, John Hoover, Eric Heinshimer (sp?), Joe Trinko, Rob Wonk, Vern Mullen (sp?), Chris Talbert, and two others whose names I can't make out, maybe a Sean Capopeco (sp?) and a Larry N-----?

:)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just off the top of my head~

D~1
Kittenger
Chuck Yeager
Scott Crossfield
Pappy Boyington AND the Japanese pilot that shot him down.
4 of the original Gemini Astronauts
Harrison Ford
Tom Cruise
Burt Rutan
Dick Rutan
Jeanna Yeager
Patty Wagstaff
Sean D. Tucker
Smitty The Jumper
Ted Strong
Bill Booth
More 'Blue Angels' and 'Thunderbirds' than I can count.
Roy Johnson
Paul & Tom Poperesney
Art Scholl
Bert Beverly D-288
Steve Fossett
Bill Morrissey
Richard Branson
Steve Snyder
Charlie Hillard
Jim Hooper
Jim Wallace
Captian Hook
Roger Nelson
Carl Nelson
Dave Verner
Nick DG
The first guy to fly a balloon across the Alantic
The pilot of the first F-117 over Bagdad.
'Hoot' Gibson the astronaut
'Hoot' Gibson the famous 727 stunt pilot
'Hoot' Gibson that jumped at Perris 20 years ago
Gene Hassenfus
Sheryl Sterns
Story Musgrave
Norm Kent
Mike McGowan
Tom Sanders
Jan Davis
William J. "Pete" Knight
Randy 'Duke' Cunningham

And many many more....:)

I use my logs almost as an autograph book because it's something I KNOW I'm gonna hang onto for the rest of my life.;)

Excluding Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise, a MOST impressive list!
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

As in; Gene "Fall outta the sky into Nicaragua" Hasenfus?

Or the other one? :D

Yeah Gene...that's the famous one, I have a bunch from Bill his brother too, who is the DZO at the Omro, Wi. skydiving center.
I do several demos a year with Bill.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just went back through a few logbooks.
:D

I've got a memorable jump signed by a Swedish guy who must be named "Chicken Pox". So, in the future, try to spell your name so that it can be read accurately at a later date. :D

Most of my favorite signatures are memories.
My 1000th was organized by Jerry Bird. He and the world-famous Arlo signed that (and then Arlo pied me).B|
I jumped with that asshole Johnny Gates every weekend.

The thing about living in Zhills is that everyone comes to visit. People are just other jumpers and doing fun stuff.

People who have been there for Christmas/New Years boogie know what I mean. The famous and the infamous.
:ph34r:

People who have been there for Christmas/New Years boogie know what I mean. The famous and the infamous.

I'll be there for this years, cani get your auto graph Bill:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Won't do ya any good. Nobody knows who I am.
I'll sign it now so that you can say you knew me before...

I have several signatures from people I've jumped with and were friends with who aren't here anymore, so those are special to me.

I'll be at Zhills in a few weeks so I'll have to make sure to call Jerry Bird to join us for dinner. He's one cool cat!B|

Won't do ya any good. Nobody knows who I am.
I'll sign it now so that you can say you knew me before...
I know who you are, and would be honoured to have you sign my log:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've got a memorable jump signed by a Swedish guy who must be named "Chicken Pox". So, in the future, try to spell your name so that it can be read accurately at a later date...

Yeah...or worse, I've got several signed by James Bond D-007 :S

Well...I about had a heart attack last night.

This thread got me looking for some old logbooks, which I couldn't find anywhere! :o

Ripped the place apart all evening until the wife said..."didn't you take all that 'old' stuff up to your Mom's last year?" :)

DOH!~ :$

I guess the memory IS going! :S

I'd made the mistake of letting one of the kids take a log book to school to show a bunch of astronauts autographs and it got stolen, took 3 days and 20 phone calls but I got it back...so I took 'em all up to mom's and locked 'em in the safe. :) (the logs not the kids)

I had 'started' a project of scanning every one which I never finished...but here are a few memorable pages~

#1 : Jimmy Godwin, Lew Sanborn, Dick Rutan, Jeana Yeager

#2 : Scott Crossfield, Larry Newman (double eagle balloon pilot)

#3 : Smitty The Jumper, Chuck Yeager, Pappy & The Jap

SUHWEEEEET!!!
Likes I said, you and I should hang out more... you get to meet some kewl peeps... Well, except for that Tom Cruise fella... Course, I have to admit his mid-life crisis gots lots more attention than mine. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

SUHWEEEEET!!!
Likes I said, you and I should hang out more... you get to meet some kewl peeps... Well, except for that Tom Cruise fella... Course, I have to admit his mid-life crisis gots lots more attention than mine. :D

Speakin of COOL PEEPS... B|

Here's one of the most memorable jumps I ever made.

A 1st U.S. baton pass reenactment with none other than Steve Snyder himself! :$

On the 'glory ride' down the flight-line following the presentation of the two batons we carried...

(One for Steve and one for Charlie Hillards widow)

...Steve thanked me and said that was THE LAST parachute jump he would EVER make....B|:$

~~ what a wonderful way to end a great skydiving career...and what a HONOR!

...Steve thanked me and said that was THE LAST parachute jump he would EVER make

I'll bet a lot of folks feel that way after a jump with you:P

Enough of the jabs-that had to be a really cool moment
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

What was the date?

IIRC it was 28 July 1997...One of Steves buddies that flew in to the air show with him told me it was 35 years to the day.

I loggged it that way, but when Steve read it, he corrected me & his friend...it was 40 years to the day! B|

***They thanked me with one of the really neat 'signed by the team' presentation posters...framed and all. B|B|

While not a logbook signature, I do have a framed photo of the US Army's Golden Knights 8 way team, presented to me by Joe Trinko and Chris Talbert at the Virginia state record 88 ways that Joe co-organized with Doug Forth in 1999, that also saw the first all-deaf 5 way in the US.

Dave Stahl, Gary Mohler, Charlie Brown, Paul Rafferty, John Hoover, Eric Heinshimer (sp?), Joe Trinko, Rob Wonk, Vern Mullen (sp?), Chris Talbert, and two others whose names I can't make out, maybe a Sean Capopeco (sp?) and a Larry N-----?

:)

Thats Rob Work, Vern Miller, Sean Capogreco (Cap-o-Grek-o) and probably Larry Miller.

Edited to fix my North Carolina spelling!

Later