riddler

Used cars

So I bought a used van for my wife, four years ago, when we had our second child. 2004 Honda Odyssey. Good van, paid $9,000 for it. We got divorced, I gave her the van.

This week, she needed to get a different car. I offered to help, but NOOOOOoooo, she said she would be fine without me. They gave her $1,700 for the van, half of what it was worth in my opinion. Then they sold her a '04 Chrysler Sebring sedan for - get this - $12,000. :o BlueBook on this car says around $5,000.

Now, you would think I would be happy with this, her being my ex, and she gets royally screwed over by a used car dealer. But I am frustrated as Hell! How could anyone do that to another human being? That's absolute robbery.

So I ask her if she can return the car. She had no previous car payment, and now she has to pay $300/month, which she can't afford. She says, it's fine, don't worry. Holy mother of God, this bugs the crap out of me.

I guess I just have to learn to let it go. :S:S>:(
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I'll venture a guess and say she has some credit issues and was forced to go sub-prime.

She was naive when it came to trade-in value.

She was ignorant about the new car's price.

I'd speculate she knew about as much when it came to financing and let the dealer sell her that too.

So I ask her if she can return the car. She had no previous car payment, and now she has to pay $300/month, which she can't afford. She says, it's fine, don't worry. Holy mother of God, this bugs the crap out of me.

If the rescission period hasn't lapsed under Colorado buyers' remorse laws (I'm guessing she's still there; although if not other states have similar laws) I'd run the numbers for trade-in value, retail price on the new car, and loan payments over five years from a credit union not making a profit on her and make the _strong_ suggestion you guys renegotiate.

$12,000 for a 04 Sebring!!!!! :o

That salesperson is prob still getting high 5's from his buddies!!!!!

As a mechanic I have a love hate thing with those cars...hate them because they are junk...but love them because they make me lots of money :)

If the rescission period hasn't lapsed under Colorado buyers' remorse laws (I'm guessing she's still there; although if not other states have similar laws) I'd run the numbers for trade-in value, retail price on the new car, and loan payments over five years from a credit union not making a profit on her and make the _strong_ suggestion you guys renegotiate.

Quite right! Even having to pay a lot of money n order to cancel the whole deal would be worth it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

ouch...we paid that for an 05 sebring ragtop 3 years ago, with 9500 miles on it

This one has 100,000 miles. New engine (according to them).

For $12k??

:S:S:S[:/]

I paid $12k for my Z71 pickup that was 5 years old and had just under 60k on the clock!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message