J-S

Sick and tired, I need a change...

I just wanted to thank everyone for giving a sincere shit about someone they don't even know. You people are awesome! Simply put.

I can't wait to get back to the dropzone when I'm better than I am, and fear jumping more than I fear becomming friends with others instead of the other way around.

Thanks again. It means a lot to me.

Not a doctor or a psychiatrist. However, not using pharmamcological drugs limits your choices a lot. Only because companies have poured billions of dollars into research and efficacy studies, unlike so-called "alternative" therapies.

I have seen and heard from people that have had great succes with Eye-Movement Desensitation and Reprocessing (EMDR). This is a controversial methodology, but some folks I know feel it does work. I have never done it, so I can't give a personal recommendation. Maybe something to look into.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I have personal experience with EMDR for PTSD.

I can say I did benefit somewhat from it, but not much as other modes of therapy

Hell, I thought I was the only one who even heard of EMDR:o

Bry.

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I have personal experience with EMDR for PTSD.

I can say I did benefit somewhat from it, but not much as other modes of therapy

Hell, I thought I was the only one who even heard of EMDR:o

Bry.

Nope. I had a therapist who swore by it. I tried it a couple times, but it didn't seem to have much effect on me.

To the OP:
Kudos for realizing that you have a problem and wanting to do something about it. Sometimes the realization and willingness are enough to find a solution on your own. It won't be instantaneous, or easy, but behavior modification is possible for some people.

You may want professional help. A good therapist can be hard to find. Do you have anyone who can make suggestions/recommendations/referrals?
Consider the first appointment as a job interview for the therapist.
Personally, anyone that started on any sort of "past lives" garbage would be politely informed that they were a waste of my time and would not be receiving payment for the partial session that I would then walk out of.

Medications can be very helpful. But they can also be very, very tricky. Some make it better, some do nothing, some make it worse. And it's different for each individual.
And suddenly stopping any psychotropic med without consulting a doctor can be very, very dangerous. Suicide dangerous. I've known of a couple. It's not pretty.

Good luck.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I know dude, it sucks...it's pretty much an addiction for me. I love losing my witts and getting pissed off. It's very powerful and I feel as though I can do anything, and I times I do, and use that anger to achieve "great" things....but's it's very dangerous, and in the end will destroy everything.

I've tried to use writing and the SC as an outlet for that, and though it's helped me limit "acting out" in real life I still never addressed the real problem.

Women and anger are the worst addictions in the world....overcome that, and you're golden.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

See...now having said that and acknowledging my problem, I STILL wanna down a Johnny Vegas, chase it with a Mortician + a beer, grab one of my rockets, burn out the straights, fly it off a cliff and pull while blasting some metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PRfDJQY_Y8

...not good man, not good.

There is only one cure, and I hope you know Him...

Not sure if someone mentioned this or not yet, but perhaps try breathing, meditation, yoga, or something.

Breathing is huge though, in any stressful situation if you take that deep breath you will release some of the stress, literally blowing off stress. You know it too because we've all done it. Just learn to do it better.

After you do it for awhile you can do a quick 10 seconds meditation while still walking, talking, or whatever to settle your ass down before you blow up by repeating a short one sentence mantra or something.

Just have to change you way of thinking, that's how I see it. Whenever you are about to blow up take a second and ask yourself, is this really worth getting pissed off about? Can I just blow this off and say fuck it I have better things to spend my energy on (like fucking my girlfriend silly).

Pause. Breathe. Say Fuck It and continue with life man. It takes time, but you can change how you think and react.

I used to be a little ball of angry energy until I realized most shit just doesn't matter and isn't worth getting upset about.

Examples:

Guys spills a beer on you and doesn't say sorry? You can start a bar fight and end up with bruised hands and maybe talking to the cops. Or you can go dry off and leave the bar early with your hot girlfriend and head home to fuck her in the shower.

Girlfriend is aggravating you over something ridiculous like what she wants to wear out, how late she plans on staying out, forgets to call you or whatever. Who cares? Communicate that you would have appreciated a call or tell her you don't really like what she's wearing but leave it at that. She's still yours and she's still her own person and can do what she wants in the end.

Father is being a douche bag over something? Breathe and talk. And if you see its going no where just walk away from it.

This might help too, I took a class once on defusing arguments. Helped me a lot. I used to have a lot of tension between me and my old boss....I had my views and she had hers. Here's how I solved that....

This class I spoke of taught me to recognize that people just want to feel like you understand them, even if you disagree with them.

Instead of saying, "No, this is what I mean, why can't you understand that?" Try this, "I understand that you feel this way, but here is how I see it."

The simple act of telling them you understand how the feel and then repeating to them verbatim what they have been telling you will completely disarm them. Then they will allow you to say your piece without trying to fight you, and typically they will even listen. I'm not saying they will agree, I'm not saying you will suddenly agree with them, but it will form a bridge of calm understanding and open civil discourse.

Best of luck.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Thanks again for all your responses!

Today was my second session with my therapist. Going twice a week for now, then once a week when I feel comfortable with that.

Together we discovered some traumatic things I was exposed to as a child that make me the way I am. I never knew it affected me in such a destructive way my whole life. I'm starting to understand myself for once. There's so many avenues to the anger we yet have to work on, but I'm really feeling good about it :ph34r:

Thanks too for all the PMs everyone! A book that was recommended "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle has changed my life forever. I now have a peace and calm inside of me, weirdest feeling ever. I read the book in two days, I couldn't put it down. It's genius.

If it wasn't for my girlfriends unconditional love for me, putting up with my shit from my damaged brain and her overwhelming support, I would of never gotten to this point ever in my life. She saved me from myself. That's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me. Love that girl! I hope I get to have my bones buried next to hers one day, if I didn't fuck that up.

Thanks again for all of your support, it really helped me.

Don't know how helpful this will be... I knew a guy who had anger management issues... It's actually remarkably common in the military, and they have experts who know a lot about it and can really help. The biggest difficulty is getting people to admit they have a problem and to seek help from these experts... As I understood it, I don't believe they advocate the use of drugs in most cases; rather, they give tools for changing/coping with negative thought processes.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I had to take anger management classes in MN for hitting my now ex-husband, (Calls himself "Mo Lester," and was a captin of the Marines.) Him 220lbs, me 115lbs. He hit me first, but I told po po all me.

Any who, I was told, "anger is an emotion, aggression is a reaction"

Like in a skydive, we can choose our reaction.

Blue skies!

I've found that some music unfortunately bolsters my anger, so I've decided to give up my current playlist...and it's gonna hurt, bad:

Current playlist with favorite quotes:

I fucking Hate You - Godsmack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBU1aD88z8
"Everybody knows your fate, you're everything I fucking hate...And I'm everything that you could never be."

Bad Religion - Godsmack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQQtTU-paU
Can you feel it? I gotta live with it everyday And I can't take the pressure. I'm goin' insane, Now go away...

Avenged Sevenfold - Burried Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PRfDJQY_Y8
"Take you down now, burn it all out, throw you all around, get your fucking hands off me..."

"While it seems sick, sober up quick, psycho lunatic crushing you with hands of fate...shame to find out when it's too late, but you're all the same, trapped inside, inferno awaits..."

Drop the World - Lil Wayne/Eminem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgwOOqYFZmI
"I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes, hate in my heart, love in my mind...I've seen nights full of pain, days of the same, you keep the sunshine, save me the rain...

"I know what they don't wanna tell you...Just hope you're heaven sent, and you're hell proof...I walk up in the world and cut the lights off, and confidence is a stain they can't wipe off"

"It hurts but I never show, this pain you'll never know... If only you could see just how lonely and how cold, and frostbit I've become, my back's against the wall...When push comes to shove I just stand up and scream 'Fuck 'em all! '"

Eminem/Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U
"It's so insane cause when it's going good, it's going great, I'm Superman with the wind at his back, she's Lois Lane...But when it's bad it's awful, I feel so ashamed, I snapped, who's that dude?"

"You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe when you're with 'em...You meet and neither one of you even know what hit 'em...Got that warm fuzzy feeling, yeah, them chills you used to get 'em, now you're getting fucking sick of looking at 'em?"

Eminem/lil Wayne - No Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul5UZfaCM70
"Throw dirt on me and grow a wildflower, but it’s fuck the world, get a child out her...Yeah, my life's a bitch, but you know nothing bout her...been to hell and back, I can show you vouchers..."

"Money outweighing problems on the triple beam, I’m sticking to the script, you niggas skippin' scenes...Be good or be good at it, fucking right I’ve got my gun, semi-Cartermatic...."

"I’m alive again, more alive than I have been in my whole entire life - I can see these people’s ears perk up as I begin to spaz with the pen, I’m a little bit sicker than most - shit’s finna get thick again- they say the competition is stiff, but I get a hard dick from this shit, now stick it in...I ain’t never giving in again"

Eminem - Crack a Bottle
Oooh! Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for In this corner, weighing 175 pounds, with a record of 17 rapes 400 assaults, and 4 murders, the undisputed, most diabolical Villain in the world....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjCajzDYzI (great video)

Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOlc_j4rMA
"Don't wanna be rude but I have to
Nothing's good about the hell you put me through
I just need to look around, see that life that has come unbound.

And you're so cynical, Narcissistic Cannibal
Got to bring myself back from the dead..."

Slayer - Bloodline (very powerful video -demolishes religion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPoi16rTqU
"I smell of death
I reek of hate
I will live forever

I'll kill you and your dreams tonight
Begin new life
Bleed your death upon me
Let your bloodline feed my youth..."

Santana - Corazón Espinado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHq5-nXaKY

Esa mujer me está matando.
Me ha espinado el corazón.
Por más que trato de olvidarla,
Mi alma no da razón.

...and with that, I'll break open a long awaited deadly bottle of red wine with a beloved friend...cheers.

Farewell:)
"Wherever you're going, I wanna go
Wherever you're heading, Can you let me know
I don't mind catching up, I'm on my way
Just can't take the thought of you miles away";)

Hey there - I am doing EMDR with a therapist right now and plan to continue for while. Helping with the way I have responded to getting "dumped" by a guy and it seems I have some abandomment issues from waaaayyy back ...

I like the EMDR and so far it has been kind of mysterious but is beginning to help. We'll see. I am definitely only a work in progress, but since you mentioned EMDR ...

Santana bolsters anger?

Ya, do you even understand the lyrics to the song I posted? It's ultimately about vengeance.

...but no worries, here's my new playlist of Love:

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g

"Come and take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane"

Garbage -Crush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_hexPXIcA

"I will burn for you
Feel pain for you
I will twist the knife and bleed my aching heart
And tear it apart"

Poe - Hello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAVgJQVo2oE

"Tap in the code
I'll reach you below
No one should brave the underworld alone
Hello, hello..."