LuckyMcSwervy

Speaking of Darwin...

Unfortunately the bus company will be sued and all of these kids will be taught it was the bus companies fault. No matter what happens, it is always someone else fault.

Yup. The kids on the bus are having their Tweets and pics (from that night - before and after the head strike) released via the national media outlets.

Think that'll teach some of them lessons about what you say and/or do will come back to haunt you?

Hmmmm......
Always be kinder than you feel.

Unfortunately the bus company will be sued and all of these kids will be taught it was the bus companies fault. No matter what happens, it is always someone else fault.

It's not a matter (only) of it's someone else's fault, but the bus driver (on a party bus ) does have a responsibility to make sure that all drinkers on this bus are of age.

The kid was 16. These are children. Where are the chaperones?

It's not the bus company that is entirely at fault. The kids are also getting to be of an age where they should be held accountable.

Which is why there should be chaperones. Let's face it, kids have no reference for how bad things can become.

If your kid was going off on a trip, it is your responsibility to make sure they are not let to run wild.

Until your children are no longer minors, it is your job to make sure your kids are in a safe environment, to the best of your ability.

It's a tough thing, but Who the heck lets their children run wild on a trip that is, evidently, touted as a "getting sauced" party?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Which is why there should be chaperones. Let's face it, kids have no reference for how bad things can become.

I know a whole bus load of kids that now have a reference. The kid was 16….old enough to know there are consequence for being stupid. If blame is going to be assigned it should be the parents.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/StupidHurts.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Seriously?

The guys sticks his head out of a moving bus window and you guys want to blame the bus driver, the bus company or the parents??....

I'm all for parents taking responsibility for their kids, but this guy was 16....

Hi Lisa,

I only know what I have read in the papers and seen on the news.

From that I understand:

1. It was a no alcohol event

2. It had numerous adult chaperones

You simply cannot fix stupid, which comes along at that age. I know, I was stupid & 16 for awhile. :S

JerryBaumchen

Some of the kids Twitter posts were published. They were talking about how much alcohol was in a limo and their plans to get drunk at the party.

Hi Lisa,

From that I understand:

You simply cannot fix stupid, which comes along at that age. I know, I was stupid & 16 for awhile. :S

JerryBaumchen

Some of the kids Twitter posts were published. They were talking about how much alcohol was in a limo and their plans to get drunk at the party.

This kid wasn't in a limo....he was in a bus.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi Lisa,

From that I understand:

JerryBaumchen

Sparky

Generic term, I think ?

If you have a driver, it's a "LIMO" "look at me, I'm being driven"
B|

Although, in this case is B|

:(
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Seriously?

The guys sticks his head out of a moving bus window and you guys want to blame the bus driver, the bus company or the parents??....

I'm all for parents taking responsibility for their kids, but this guy was 16....

I'm guessing you don't have kids.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hi Lisa,

From that I understand:

JerryBaumchen

Sparky

Just posting what I read. I don't give enough of a shit about it to debate or research it.:)