Lazarus_762

Well, SHIT!

as far as I can tell from my research into the subject, I am geographically as far away from a wind tunnel as is possible to be, while still residing in the Continental US...and if anybody could really use some tunnel time, it's ME, cuz I can't fly worth a shit...[:/][:/]

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

You have 8 skydives. Is there anything else in your life that you got good at in 8 minutes?

Generations of skydivers have figured shit out without wind tunnels. I'm willing to bet if you want to, you can, too. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thousands of jumpers have figured out how to fly without the use of the tunnel. You can do it too, Grasshopper! ;) What is the problem that you're having?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You have 8 skydives. Is there anything else in your life that you got good at in 8 minutes?

Generations of skydivers have figured shit out without wind tunnels. I'm willing to bet if you want to, you can, too. :)

that is an EXCELLENT way of looking at it...thanks. I've been beating myself up for 2 weeks now - maybe I should ease up a bit. OTOH, I really would like some tunnel time. I bet its a buttload of fun, and would really help me settle down in freefall.

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

as far as I can tell from my research into the subject, I am geographically as far away from a wind tunnel as is possible to be, while still residing in the Continental US...and if anybody could really use some tunnel time, it's ME, cuz I can't fly worth a shit...[:/][:/]

Cry me a river:|
Domestic flights in the States are dirt cheap,
Try living on the West coast of Australia:ph34r::ph34r: My nearest tunnel is in Singapore, and it's over $1100USD per hour to fly in>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

just a basic lack of stability, spinning and wobbling a bit, and not getting a good heading - I tend to do too much sight-seeing, looking at the scenery instead of focusing on the job at hand. "Ooohh, pretty!" isn't really helpful. I'll figure it out eventually, but I've been kicking myself for not making faster progress. I just need to relax and enjoy the journey, I guessB|

LOL!

"Domestic flights in the States are dirt cheap, "

...I'm actually considering taking a damn Greyhound bus. I can sleep on the bus, the fare would be about the same as gas money for the drive, and I can always use the time to catch up on my reading, but it's a 15 hour bus ride - 15 hours, on a BUS!

might be worth it, tho.

edit; hang on! the tunnel time is $1100 US per hour??? :o:o Holy crap! does that come with champagne, caviar, Cuban cigars, and hookers?

edit again...OK, did the math, not so outrageous after all, unless they make you buy a whole hour? cuz that would be pretty ridiculous...

Time to share a dropzone.com classic with you.

http://crwdog.servebeer.com/CRWdog/HowCRW.html

Wendy (faulknerwn on here) is now a highly-experienced (8000+ jumps) badass instructor & world record holder. And it wasn't easy for her, either.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is an EXCELLENT way of looking at it...thanks.

+1. Well-played, Krisanne.

Where was this kind of sage advice when I was just starting out ? I was stuck with peers like jessica, wingnut, screamer, Phree, wildblue, etc. :(

:)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

8 jumps? Sounds like 1 day of jumping... :D:D

Tunnel time is an expensive way to waste time unless you have solid goals to achieve... And at your level, you might just be better off jumping out of an actual plane :)
Don't worry... You have plenty of time to figure it out :)

ETA - just don't do like I did... Do your first 100 jumps in 3 weeks... The next 100 jumps over 5 years, and then stop jumping... The result being that I suck in every discipline!! :D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Relax. Smile. Try not to have unrealistic expectations of yourself... It'll come.

This is supposed to be fun. :)

it is fun, and I have stopped beating myself up over my slow progress...its all good!