davjohns

Thanksgiving travel

So...I can fly ryanair (low cost European airline) to Venice for the Thanksgiving weekend for $40 round trip. I'm trying to come up with a reason I shouldn't do this. Maybe I should go to Rome instead?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

To Venice? Shit, I'd do that!

Bah! Which one has a better dropzone?

I seem to enjoy mucking around in Eastern Europe. Romania was a blast last time I was there, and the wine's good! I liked Austria, too, though I was so jet lagged while I was there I didn't get to explore much. That was well before I started skydiving though, so I couldn't tell you much about the dropzones. Just that the food and beer were fantastic!

I think it actually works better if you can't communicate. Since damn near everyone speaks at least some English, I'd suggest pretending that Klingon is your native tongue.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I love Venice. We only spent a few days there and would love to go back. Hell yeah, do it. Have you been there before?

Yup same here, Venice is great:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I love Venice. We only spent a few days there and would love to go back. Hell yeah, do it. Have you been there before?

Yup same here, Venice is great:)

I would probably avoid going to Rome on December 21, 2012...

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's my first time in Europe, so I have lots of places to go. I've just always wanted to go to Venice. I have trips on the board for Paris, London, Amsterdam and such. I am going to Luxembourg this weekend. I am just trying to figure out something a little longer that I can fly to.

Thanks for all of the input!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Just read every line of the small print on the Ryanair site about what is and is not allowed as far as luggage goes. They are notorious for charging huge fees for anything over the limit.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Just read every line of the small print on the Ryanair site about what is and is not allowed as far as luggage goes. They are notorious for charging huge fees for anything over the limit.

Wow, skymama! You really do take good care of your "kids". :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Wow, skymama! You really do take good care of your "kids".

Well, I was one of those people standing there having to shell out $200 a few years ago because I didn't read the fine print! :$ My luggage amount was fine for the other carriers I had flown on, but not with them. I'd hate for anyone else to have to waste money like that too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's my first time in Europe, so I have lots of places to go. I've just always wanted to go to Venice. I have trips on the board for Paris, London, Amsterdam and such. I am going to Luxembourg this weekend. I am just trying to figure out something a little longer that I can fly to.

Jealous.B|

Wish we were there with you. No other place I've been looks like Venice. It's a visual feast.

I've only spent a weekend in Paris, too, and that wasn't enough. Have a great time. B|

You do know that Ryanair fly to Treviso airport and not Marco Polo airport? Treviso's about 30 miles from Venice.

They've got a bit of a reputation for flying to unheard of airports miles away from the city they supposedly serve. If you fly to 'Frankfurt' you land in Hahn which is about 80 miles away!

Still the flight is cheap (cheaper than a coffee in St Mark's square :o) even if the nibbles are expensive and they try to ram scratchcards down your throat.