DON321

Bill Dause Recieves "Chesley H. Judy Safety award!!!"

Wonder how the USPA feels about awarding it's "safety" award to someone who apparently doesn't even maintain his own aircraft....

Kinda shows the hypocrisy of the award....

The USPA is well aware of the BSR violations that routinely occur at Parachute Center and yet still chose to award the Judy to Bill.

Considering the Parachute Center isn't even a group member I am surprised they were willing to award one to his drop zone...but not that surprised.

I never heard whether Bill gave it to himself or whether the S&TA or jumpers voted for him. I suspect the former. But then again I've never heard of Bill ever slowing down or stopping operations to actually have a “safety day” either.

~~Dan~~

someone do the math and tell me its all about money at lodi?

OK....

Not doing required maintenance on aircraft = lower jump prices.

Done.

You started a thread to stir the pot.

The fact the USPA "gave" the award to Bill just after he was fined for not doing MX is just silly.

It should be noted that the USPA has no control over who gets this award. The S&TA makes the nomination and the USPA has nothing in the rules that allows them to deny the award.

Several at the USPA didn't want to actually send the award, but the governance rules did not allow them to deny it, or to revoke it now.

If you guys don't like it.... Call the USPA.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You make any mistakes in safety, bill will throw you off but quick.

I'd say not maintaining the aircraft is a safety violation.... Who got kicked off for that one?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334